VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

MK8 R Wagon

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  thatofinthedistance 
#1 ·
Here's one that will never make to the US: Golf R Estate Spotted. Too bad, I'd love a 329hp AWD Sportwagen.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-2020-volkswagen-golf-r-estate-spotted-first-time

I think I like the MK8 look in general. 329hp is sweet. Why do the wagons keep getting more of a slanted rear window? It doesn't look bad but it sure does limit real world cargo capacity. Also note the body color rear window side fins and the black part at the upper rear of the rear side window.

The wagon part.

MK7.5 vs MK8

What do you think?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#5 ·
Design on the Rear

The design and shape of the rear are following suit of SUVs. It is keeping-up with that trend. I never understood SUVs. Such vehicle size to cargo size ratio is so small. I never understood it. If you need to haul anything in a SUV, you definitely need cargo box.

#7 ·
Interesting. This thing should run 12s w/ the DSG trans.

20" wheels? wow

Those fake back window corners.... gross.

Do we have a front end view? Those mk8 headlights are pretty disgusting, IMO.

I can't understand why VW can't figure out how to hide the mufflers better behind the rear bumper, can't stand looking at those. The black exhaust tips are cool.

#9 ·
....Those fake back window corners.... gross. It is camouflage moron!

Do we have a front end view? Those mk8 headlights are pretty disgusting, IMO. This vehicle has the Mk7 front end, obviously.

I can't understand why VW can't figure out how to hide the mufflers better behind the rear bumper, can't stand looking at those. The black exhaust tips are cool. So, have you bothered to look at other make vehicles?
Bold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.