VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
7,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
drove home from school today to check out the bagyard set-up that just came in the mail...
some bad pics:

i've been recieving quite a few IM's about this set-up for mkIII's and i hate informing everyone that i prob won't be putting them on until the end of winter/early spring... sorry

the set-up costed me $1830 shipped to CT for the front and rear struts and took about 5-6 weeks
sometime this winter i'll be piecing everything else together and i'll be sure to update this thread
as of now, if anyone wants any measurements of the struts, etc, lmk
pz out
pic of the candidate as per request:

Modified by hyphytrain203 at 2:01 PM 2-18-2009

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Re: mkIII bagyard build (gregvh)

Quote, originally posted by gregvh »
i really wanted to see these in an mk3 ... guess i will have to wait and see

why not order?? I am sure you wont regret it

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Re: mkIII bagyard build (Grig85)

$1800 is alot of money to drop without knowing the results. If those fronts dont go low then i might as well buy coilovers and universal bags instead and chapmans universals on the back. I can wait till end of winter though.... i guess... if i have to lol Dont you just wanna put the fronts in for a sec?

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Re: (Starion88esir)

Quote, originally posted by Starion88esir »
I don't like the way the bag on the far right is caving in on itself rather than around the base collar like the one next to it.

thats just because there was no air pressure in it when they put the strap around it.. they will fill and collapse normally with air and weight on them

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Re: (ryanmiller)

Quote, originally posted by ryanmiller »

thats just because there was no air pressure in it when they put the strap around it.. they will fill and collapse normally with air and weight on them

indeed, mine were like that when they came, and once air is in it all works great

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re: (ryanmiller)

Quote, originally posted by ryanmiller »

hi there!
good to see that you get the stuff

we did put airpressure in the right strut too, i guess the customs did open it (to find drugs or bombs:laugh: )and put it together like that. i hope everthing is right with it

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
Re: mkIII bagyard build (bagyardairride)

$1800 WOW. and then ur gonna spend another $1000 or so on management... talk about a pretty penny for air...
lets see some pics of the car its going on.

·
Registered
7,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
everythings fine with the bags, when i was taking the rear struts out of the packaging i accidently slid the green strap off... i really didnt know why it was on there so i put it back on, hah... how should i store these until the end of winter? you think i should take the strap back off for now or does it not really matter?

1 - 20 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.