VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard would this swap be, im sure its not a direct boltin so I am expecting someone to say that it is not possiable (or atleast look at me like this
) I seen pics of a caddy that had the conversion done and it looked really nice.

[Modified by [Devileyes], 8:46 AM 11-27-2001]

[Modified by [Devileyes], 8:47 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Re: MkIII Dash in a Rabbit ([Devileyes])

ok, its not possible
j/k. anything is possible. but back to the dash, all i am going to know is that your gonna need to cut it
its a little wider. ohh, also are going to have to fabricate some sort of mounting brackets and Maybe(remember just a maybe) fabricate heating ducts also. thats all i know. have fun.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: MkIII Dash in a Rabbit (vwcabby)

ah heat who needs heat in BC. lol I do, it get cold in at night and during the winter dam 0 and below. I know what your saying about the dash in the depth because the curve is alittle different, but is it really to long, or am I just missing somthing. Anyways thanx.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Re: MkIII Dash in a Rabbit (Big CADDY)

The picture I saw of the mk3 dash in an a1 was painted gray. This would lead me to believe that tey did some work to it before it would fit- like cutting a section out of the center of it.
I have one that I was going to try to fit into my gti, but it was way too wide. I ended up putting a bmw 318 dash in instead. I have a mk3 dash shell here (northern VA) if anyone wants to try it.

·
Registered
10,117 Posts
Re: MkIII Dash in a Rabbit ([Devileyes])

It's possible, but hard. You have to cut away part of the doors, make custom panels, brackets, & ducts, and I think you have to modify the steering column to sit lower. There's a company in Toronto that'll do it for $1500cdn, you supply the parts.
Here's a shot of their VR6 bunny

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Re: MkIII Dash in a Rabbit (Old school)

Wow, that looks sick.
I think I will just paint the good ol rabbit dash black and call it a day...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts