VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is kinda old but thought i'd bring it back up cause its kinda cool but kinda ghetto. Not sure i this works with MKIV's actually think it might. You can get an electronic tach. and some other features from your digital display in the gauge cluster. I am trying to remember the sequence of doing it its been a while. I think you turn your key all the way forward but do "NOT" turn over the engine just before the engine starts...shux itskinda hazy in my mind...press and hold the time or trip button...while still holding the button turn the key back to the complete off position then back on but dont start it. You should se some numbers appear and you can toggle up or down. I think you have 8 numbers to choose from.
Heressome stuff you can do but you gotta try it for yourself I forgot already.
Trip meter
Number of cylinders your car has (if you dont know that already)
Where is was manufactured (a code will appear designating where it was manufatured)
Digital Tachometer (kind wierd mines was a little slow compared to the actual gauge)
Just some usless information for ya. To set it back...installation reverse of removal

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
Re: MKIII owners did you know you had special features? (4NRYDE)

Yeps, Rob, that's right on the money, somewhere on the forum a LONG time ago someone stated exactly what each position was for but since search is down no one can recall it. I use mine from time to time just to see if it's still accurate...
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts