VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My A2 Jetta GLs both had 'tilt' seats. Where you could change the angle of the entire seat. I was dissapointed when my A3 GL didn't have this same feature. With a sunroof the tilt always gave me a bit more room without making it feel like I was reclining.
Did any MkIIIs come with these? Is it an easy swap? Or how about Mk2 Seats into the Mk3.

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by tilt, but the mk3 seats do go up and down.
Just pull on the lever on the side of the seat. The one that seems like it should recline the seat, but doesn't. lol

·
Banned
7,762 Posts
Re: (EDM_v-dub)

Quote, originally posted by EDM_v-dub »
Just pull on the lever on the side of the seat. The one that seems like it should recline the seat, but doesn't. lol

everyone in my car always pulls that and it shoots them up.. it's hiliarious.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: (EDM_v-dub)

Quote, originally posted by EDM_v-dub »

I'll be D*mned . VW did a nice job of hiding that well. I've had my car for 2 months and didn't notice that.

Mine is a little stiff. I definitely liked the MkII handle better. But wow. Don't I feel stupid.

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Re: (anony13)

hahaha i know people try to jump in the back and they grab that and the seat slams the top of its arc..scares the sh*t outta people..

·
Banned
7,762 Posts
Re: (anony13)

Quote, originally posted by anony13 »

I'll be D*mned . VW did a nice job of hiding that well. I've had my car for 2 months and didn't notice that.

Mine is a little stiff. I definitely liked the MkII handle better. But wow. Don't I feel stupid.

it's cool man.. I'm more surprised that you didn't pull it by accident and eject yourself out of the sunroof

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: (brobsrabbit)

Quote, originally posted by brobsrabbit »
it's cool man.. I'm more surprised that you didn't pull it by accident and eject yourself out of the sunroof

Nah. This is my 5th VW (First Mk3) so I'm used to the "Precision Rotary Seat Inclination Adjustment". I'm just ticked that VW put them on the outside of the car. I used to be able to adjust the passenger one from my seat in my Mk2s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts