VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just got my european headlight switch but i don't know where the relays are. the instructions from parts4vws.com state: "locate relays under dash and remove relay number "173" does anyone know where this is so i can kill my daytime running lights? thanks

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Re: MKIV European Light Switch Relay 173? Anybody know where this is? (2.0slowbutwannago)

go to Rodger Moore's site. I dont have it with me, do a search on Google.com for his name and GTI VR6 and its usually the first one. He has a lot of tech info.
I believe if you open your front door, on the side of the dash that meets with the door, there should be a panel that pulls out. Anyway its on Roger Moores site.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Re: MKIV European Light Switch Relay 173? Anybody know where this is? (2.0slowbutwannago)

Back the bus up.
To kill the DRLs all you need to do is cover the TFL pin on the back of the Euroswitch (or the stock switch) with a little piece of electrical tape to block the electrical connection. Boom: dead DRLs
If you remove Relay 173, in addition to killing the DRLs you will also kill the light for the e-brake.
Its up to you the 5 minute tape jobbie (which I've had for 18 months with no problems) or remove relay 173 and kill the DRLs and the e-brake light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts