VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

MKIV GOLF TDI TWO DOOR 5 SPEED?????

663 views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  vince504 
#1 ·
Hello, I am new here and kind of new to Volkswagens in general. I had a MK3 Jetta when I was younger but I didn't know anything about cars at that point. That car ended up being... problematic. I told myself I would never have another VW ever again, but if I'm being honest, in the back of my head I thought, "Unless maybe it was a TDI."

So, I bought a 2003 Golf Tdi two door with a manual transmission with 239000 miles. I was under the impression that these didn't exist in the states so when I saw it, I was intrigued. Now, it is BEAT UP. My plan is to slowly try to restore it. It runs good. It's silver. I'll maybe post some pics of it soon, but I'm not even sure how to do that yet on here. I'm assuming I have to use an image hosting site, but I'll warn you. It's rough. I'll probably be posting a lot of questions here. I'm learning a lot quick! Can't wait to get started on this little project. Over the last couple of days, I love this thing. It putts around so nice. It's like a little tractor.

First question, am I even in the right place or is there a tdi specific section?

#5 ·
Oh ok cool. Well I did end up gettin them in after a lot of frustration, but it was dark by time I was done. So I'll try that out tomorrow : ) Also, I realized today that my windshield wipers twitch every couple of minutes when the car is on? And they also don't work. Any ideas?

#10 ·
My brother drove this thing 1200 miles, we did a quick oil change before he went. He tells me it ran pretty good although he did think that it was down on power at some point, and then he shut it off and started it and it was fine. I'm sure that could be a number of things. I can't wait to start fixing things on this thing. She deserves some love for sure. We've been driving the crap out of her. It only gets 40 mpg right now, so I wanna try to get that number up too. But even if I can't, 40 mpg is way more than I have ever gotten in anything so I won't be mad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.