VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone swapped in an audi 2.7t into a mkiv jetta. Would this be a pain in the ass to accomplish? I did use the search option, and nothing came up. Just wondering, I have a chance to pick up a smashed audi 2.7t (rear end damage). I have a 2000 1.8t, so I was just curious. Just wanted your guys input. I have been reading on this forum since October, learned a ton from you guys
Thanks in advance,
Jason

·
Banned
12,870 Posts
Re: MKIV Jetta 1.8t/Audi 2.7t swap possible? (JDUB1.8T)

Massive custom work. Big dollars. Anything can be done with enough of those.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then hi hoe, hi hoe, it's off to apr I go. With the cost of the audi(minimal) and Uncle Sam giving me my money back, I will have a lil bit of cash to play with. Do you have a ballpark figure it would cost to go this route?
Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
10K, that would not work well with the ole lady for sure. Looks like the big turbo set-up is the route I'll go then. Anybody in So. Cali.. willing to volunteer to help when installation time comes, food and drinks on me..........

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gotcha, just was looking to do something a little bit different. Right now I'm searching my turbo options.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Re: MKIV Jetta 1.8t/Audi 2.7t swap possible? (JDUB1.8T)

Quote, originally posted by JDUB1.8T »
Has anyone swapped in an audi 2.7t into a mkiv jetta. Would this be a pain in the ass to accomplish? I did use the search option, and nothing came up. Just wondering, I have a chance to pick up a smashed audi 2.7t (rear end damage). I have a 2000 1.8t, so I was just curious. Just wanted your guys input. I have been reading on this forum since October, learned a ton from you guys
Thanks in advance,
Jason

Anything is possible, given enough money. But the short answer is this would be an awful swap. The engine is so physically large that you would have to extend the nose of the car for it to fit. It is a wide angle V6 designed for a longitudinal application.
A better idea may be a 24V VR6, which is designed to fit right in the car. You could then go the custom turbo route.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is another route I will look into. My buddy has a 1968 912 Targa, which now has an 89 911 Carrera motor in it now. So it's now my turn to do something in regards of some serious horse power gains, it's all fun and games until you get your ass handed to you.
Thanks,
Jason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts