VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to make the turn signal both stay on when u turn on the running lights and flash when the turn signal turns on??
* Someone told me it works off the ground somehow?? Any insight??

Modified by .xXx. at 9:09 PM 6-29-2003

·
Registered
420 Posts
Re: MKIV Look Headlamp turnsignal question...?? (.xXx.)

look under the diy for making the side markers flash... i'm sure it is similar if you look at the diagrams...

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: MKIV Look Headlamp turnsignal question...?? (t.o.golf3)

the problem with that is there is only one grey wire which you connect to either the parking light or the turn signal... If I follow the simplified schematic I would then connect the two... well it works when the parking lights are off but when they are on they don't flash...
Any other ideas??

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Bedtime bump
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
no one??

·
Registered
7,579 Posts

it wont work because the bulb is single filament. to achieve what you want, you will need to cut out the bulb trqay from a real mk4 headlight (or something similar), then you can just connect the wires, but beware, mk4 bulbs are muuuuuuuuch different

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I know someone on here has done it, using the ground wire to make the single fillament bulb work as a dual... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
14,333 Posts

it will work, you just must run a separate ground into the headlight for the marker, and separate the marker from the common ground in the headlight

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: MKIV Look Headlamp turnsignal question...?? (VReihenmotor6)

any idea how exactly? I was doing some testing and I don't quite see what you are talking about...??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts