VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I know i can hook up my city lights as city lights...but right now i have them hooked up as blinkers...so they blink when my lower turnsignals blink.
Here's the deal...I want to hook up my city lights in my MKIV headlights to work exactly like the blinkers in the bumper..the blinkers are parking lights AND blinkers...how can i do this?
Did any of that make sense?

daytime shot..

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (ebtastic)

LOL.
Can i make the city lights (which are in my headlights) act as city lights AND blinkers?

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Re: (VW THUNDER)

i kinda did the same thing before. I used my euro sidemarker lights all i did was cut the wires from the blinker and then wire accodingly im sure thats not the correct way, but it worked

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (Fast Bumpers)

Hmm...is there a way i can hook up the city lights like this and still keep my bumper turnsignals/parking lights?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (GTI Beast)

Quote, originally posted by GTI Beast »
That night time shot is pure evil, I love it.

Thanks.
Does anyone have that a link to a DIY on how to make the sidemarkers blink with turnsignals....this may give me an idea what to do with my headlights. I tried the link in the DIY Thread but it didn't work...

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda
37,918 Posts
Re: (VW THUNDER)

dont do it Steel, its a trick...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Re: (K-Fresh)

okay on the turn signal there is three wires.. you splice the one wire..its the black and green one on the passenger side. and the black and i think gray on drivers side.. for the signals.. now you can just splice into the positive cable that runs to your side markers... or you can just tap splice another cable into the running lights on your front lights into the cable that runs for the turn signal that you splice in the back of the mk4 looks. its gray.. personally don't do it. it looks way better when the blinker just blinks doesn't run.. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Re: (K-Fresh)

You can wire the side markers as blinkers, BUT they don't have a ground. Run the parking lamp hot wire to one side of the side marker OR city light, the blinker lamp hot wire to the other. I did this for years on a Mk 1, but it's kind of sketchy. I don't know why though. I like everything to be wired correctly - THIS IS NOT WIRED CORRECTLY.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Re: MKIV Look headlights Question...Using the city lights AS city lights AND blinkers? (VW THUNDER)

Try splicing your turn signle wire (lower) with the in light parking light wire. Then they would be running on the same instruntion. My lights only have the parking light insie the fixture, no foglights and i just spliced the side marker and parking light inside the fixture together so it would stay on all the time and not blinker like a blinker. So if you spliced the turn signal and parking light together it should work the same. If not call evolution sports at 425 710 9200, they seem to know quite a bit. Good Luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts