VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the title states. I own a 2009 2 door hatch gti with 145k miles that came with a TSI engine (2008.5 and 2009). It just started a week ago, and no matter if it's from a cold start or warm start, it idles at 1100 rpm then slowly drops down to factory spec RPM (750-780 rpm). I am assuming it's the PCV and the related tube, as there is oil in the pcv and i can blow straight through the tube. I just am wondering if anyone has any more information on the problem. I was told during my trip to the dealership with was about 2 weeks ago when i went in for carbon cleaning and new metal water pump install that my pcv was bad.

P.S. Sorry if this has been asked before, I went through 3 pages of high idling results in this Golf V & Jetta V forum but none specifically stated 1100rpm and going back down to idle. This is my first post as well on VWvortex. Please don't rape me in the responses to this thread

Edit 1: No check engine codes, as well as, I have an APR stage 1 tune on the car as well plus the apr full intake that goes down into the turbo and downpipe. The timing chain was recently done as well before i bought the car 20,000 miles ago

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
The first thing I would take care of is what the dealer mentioned and that you confirmed yourself , the pcv. Do not want to let that one go on a TSI or you might be seeing a nice bill to replace the Rms(rear main seal).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fixed it. Got an oem PCV valve from Deutsche Auto Parts. Car now hangs at 900 RPM for a second then drops down to even lower than the 700 RPM. Now to check if the valve cover and real main seal leaks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts