VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Several customers have called to inqure about this and we have finally ironed out the major kinks. Thanks to Golf 6 Variant, we have a pool of parts to pull from and perform a facelift for Mk5 owners.
There will be two packages offered: Mk6 Golf and Mk6 GTI. Both are complete and inclusive of virtually every possible part you could need to perform this complete conversion on the front of your cars.
- Golf version will have the EU Golf bumper w/foglamps, Sport grills, hood, fenders, core support, wiring harnesses, etc., etc.
- GTI version will have everything above, substituting EU GTI bumper w/foglamps, bi-xenon headlamps, wiring adapters, etc.
Mirrors are not included at this time, as we have not confirmed they can be transferred to the Mk5.
Click here for more: Mk6 Facelift for Mk5. All parts are genuine Volkswagen OEM, available in Germany and packages are available now for ordering.
Pics to show what you'll end up with...

Comments and questions are welcome.

Modified by OEMplus.com at 11:07 PM 7-9-2009

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Re: MkVI Facelift for MkV Golf & Jetta (OEMplus.com)

Why go through the hassle? The MkVI front end is not to my liking... looks Japanesey & cheap............. just my opinion

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by absoluteczech »
wowzers, thats half the value of my car probably

It's the entire value of my car... I think I'll just buy a MKVI and get the interior to boot!
Seriously though, wouldn't the fenders look silly? The beltline on the MKV is much less "sharp" than the MKVI...

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Nice! I'll be passing since I prefer the MkV front end, but this will definitely make people happy who like the new look but don't want to replace their car.
One thing, though -- will people who already have HIDs need the adapters? If the connectors on the headlights have not changed, wouldn't they be a direct fit? Then you'd need to have two GTI kits - one for people upgrading Golfs/Rabbits to look like GTIs and one for GTI owners.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Re: FV-QR (BluMagic)

If you want to save yourself some work:
Take your $7000 and your car, go to dealer, give them these 2 things, come home with your MK VI golf. Done.
$7000 for a cosmetic change needs to look like an effin' R8 when you are done in my book.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Re: (hooper911)

Quote, originally posted by hooper911 »
nice, but damm a little over 7k, i guess thats the price u pay for oem quality.

But cheaper than putting a 2.0T/6MT into one of next year's JSWs.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Re: (brian81)

Quote, originally posted by brian81 »

But cheaper than putting a 2.0T/6MT into one of next year's JSWs.

You have a point, sir!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.