VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Traction control button kit

As you GLI owners know, Volkswagen unfortunately did not give the MK6 GLI a button to activate and deactivate the Traction Control System (TCS). Fortunately, the vehicle does have the ability to turn it on and off, its just lacking the button (and a few other things to make it functional). If you want to give your MK6 GLI a button to turn on and off the traction control like the GTI's have, USP has you covered. For your convenience, we put together a kit with all necessary parts for an easy installation of an ESP button. The best part is, that the kit uses a factory VW button for a stock look!!

Comes pre-assembled for a plug and play installation!!

CLICK HERE to order.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
He pieced it together based on awe's guide I believe. That is all anyone had had till now is their guide and list. Usp is using it too and selling it as a one stop shop kit. Including the missing/wrong part number for the repair wire.

I could be wrong but that is what I make out of all this. :thumbup:

·
Registered
656 Posts
I didn't use a kit. I pieced mine together but if you look at the picture of the "kit" it looks like they just bought all of the pieces in the awe guide and crimped a few wires together for you. Depending on the price of the kit versus buying the pieces separately it might be worth it. Its one less step. I don't see why this wouldn't work on all models since the mod has been proven to work on all models.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I mean no disrespect with this question but why would we all pay you $130 for a $30 button and some wire :). I'm just looking for some clarification .. Because I really want this, but I wasn't expecting it to cost over $100 for just the parts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I didn't use a kit. I pieced mine together but if you look at the picture of the "kit" it looks like they just bought all of the pieces in the awe guide and crimped a few wires together for you. Depending on the price of the kit versus buying the pieces separately it might be worth it. Its one less step. I don't see why this wouldn't work on all models since the mod has been proven to work on all models.
So I was correct. I said you used a "kit" but by kit I meant the list of needed parts you pieced together. Essentially making your own "kit". Lol.

"kit" in terms of usp is a pre compiled and assembled collection of what awe called for.

·
Registered
656 Posts
So I was correct. I said you used a "kit" but by kit I meant the list of needed parts you pieced together. Essentially making your own "kit". Lol.

"kit" in terms of usp is a pre compiled and assembled collection of what awe called for.
Sure as long as "kit" is in quotes...lol. And 130 doll hairs is steep. I hadn't even looked at the price earlier.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Will this also work for all Jetta models?
Yes
He pieced it together based on awe's guide I believe. That is all anyone had had till now is their guide and list. Usp is using it too and selling it as a one stop shop kit. Including the missing/wrong part number for the repair wire.

I could be wrong but that is what I make out of all this. :thumbup:
*Cough* *Cough* I've had a plug and play kit since forever.
I mean no disrespect with this question but why would we all pay you $130 for a $30 button and some wire :). I'm just looking for some clarification .. Because I really want this, but I wasn't expecting it to cost over $100 for just the parts
Yes the parts are expensive however it would appear that their kit does not have as much of the expensive parts as would constitute for the asking price.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Also not to knock their product but this kit will not allow dimming of the button if you were to have your lights at any level other than 100% the button would always be at 100% brightness and would stick out.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I understand you can piece this stuff together for a lot cheaper (the button alone is $51.90 list at the dealer, so not that much cheaper), however I use 4 different tools and about 30 minutes of time to assemble it. If you have the tools and expertise, by all means do it yourself, you WILL save money. But for those who are looking for convenience, this is for you. I'm sure you can do most turbo kits on the market for cheaper by piecing it together too.. but it's a lot easier just to buy the kit.

Also not to knock their product but this kit will not allow dimming of the button if you were to have your lights at any level other than 100% the button would always be at 100% brightness and would stick out.
If you cut the orange wire and splice it with the dimmer switch it will dim.. We have the option for the orange wire to come open for that now.

:beer:

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.