VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got some Mk VII wheels - Dallas/Milton off FB Marketplace and thought they'd fit my MkV. I installed them but there's a fitment issue - I can't seem to roll more than a meter or so then something is catching. I don't see anything... frustrating! Anyone know why these wouldn't fit?
Thanks!

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Oem Dallas/Milton wheel specs Diameter 18 in. Width 7.5in. Offset ET 49. Bolt pattern 5 x 112

No idea why they will not work. Have you jacked up the car and spin tested each wheel/tire to see what is happening?

·
Registered
97 Posts
^ what he said; try to turn each wheel individually and see if you can hear or see what's making the noise. I'm running 15's from a mkvii on my mkv, fits like a glove with no noises, so the 18's should be no problem.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
What wheels did you have on it before? Did you install them? Were there spacers? If you got the car with aftermarket wheels or if it had spacers, you may need to verify you don't have longer or the wrong shoulders on the bolts. I'm not sure if VW has gone to conical bolts with the MK7 but just make sure your bolt shoulders match the wheels and that the bolts aren't longer intended to be used with spacers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oem Dallas/Milton wheel specs Diameter 18 in. Width 7.5in. Offset ET 49. Bolt pattern 5 x 112

No idea why they will not work. Have you jack up the car and spin tested each wheel/tire to see what is happening?
Rear was

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi All - problem solved - I was using the lug bolts that came with the new wheels which were longer than the stock ones. Also, one of the wheels had a spacer stuck on it which I didnt see.... Thanks for the pointers!
Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts