VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted this in the DSG forums but I think I may stand a better chance to get some help here with you folks.
In a few words, the stealer is in denial to perform any work on my DSG under warranty because they claim the DSG transmission is coded incorrectly and they are blaming me for it. Why the are blaming me?
Just because I changed the TPMS, DRL and window regulators.
At the end it turns out that the code has never changed and they are just pushing me away with a lame excuse.
What do you think is best to do here? Thanks.
The transmission is jerky but not too bad.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4761420

Modified by vwapasionado at 12:11 PM 2-13-2010

·
Registered
2008 VW R32 - (Rotrex Supercharged)
2,615 Posts
Re: MKVR32 issues with Stealer and DSG (vwapasionado)

I would try another dealer or would escalate it to VW Customer Care.

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
Re: MKVR32 issues with Stealer and DSG (RRRRR32)

hey your link at the top is no good...
if you didn't flash anything, even if the previous owner did reflash the DSG for example, then VWoA should be able to get your warranty care straightened out as long as you have mileage within warranty. don't hesitate to call VWoA.
but remember, i had my mechatronics replaced under warranty, but it took me months to get them to reproduce the problem. it is VW policy to do warranty work ONLY if they can reproduce the problem in-house.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: MKVR32 issues with Stealer and DSG (cheeebs)

I own this car since new. It had a long history of electrical problems since day one, literally and every one of them has been addressed by this dealer as it is the closest to my home. Cruise Control inoperable, all of the steering buttons and controls would not work, come home functions not working and it even had a thermal event by itself in the wiring for the Air Bag but they re-wired it and replaced the module. To our issue, the transmission is very jerky and I am sure that whenever they round a procedure to check the Mechatronics unit and get around sending all of us a letter, this one will be replaced. I just really did not care about the aproach the dealer took by saying that this jerkiness is caused because I re-coded the transmission when I changed the DRL, TPMS and the window regulator system to activate with my remote. That my friend, is some real BS and they know it and you by reading must be thinking... What? It is like me telling you that because you changed your tires you have voided the warranty on your sunroof....
This particular dealer is supposed to be Mod friendly and they actually distribute APR directly...
The news is that I went and talked to the Service Manager this morning. He apologized for the way this issue was handled and said that when the final letter comes out of VW for checking the module it should be no problem to be performed and that this should not void any further warranty issue but they still believe that I recoded the transmission. I checked the trans code on it and compared it to my TT MK2 DSG with VR6 and they are the same coding. A friend of mine looked at his R and we have the same code as well. So they are basically lying and making up stuff to scare me away. I cannot accept that at all. The service writer was actually rude too.
They for sure have lost my business anyways. They have a very poor service department and time and time again made mistakes in their work that are horrible. Every time they serviced my wife's Touareg they overfill 1.5 quarts, they ruined a battery cause they left installed the bluetooth device and left it powered on at all times, give you the car back not clean and with grease in the steering, not cleaning codes after fixing the electrical mess, give the car back with their scanning tool still in the car (I should have taken that home LOL
, etc... too many more to care anymore) I'll move on and have my wife drive the doors off this car. Now that all the electrical issues have been fixed and gone for the last 9,000 miles is not bad at all. Just the jerkiness of the trans and I will not take this car back to those people ever. If you are in the West Suburbs in Chicago, Stay away from Bill Jacobs in Naperville. Not good there and I have been a customer for the last 12 years. I am calling VWoA and I am also going to grill this service writer as well. He really earned it and from a fair and longstanding ex-customer now.
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

Modified by vwapasionado at 12:44 PM 2-13-2010

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.