VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a bone stock CPO 4 Door GTI with DSG in Candy white. I blame this purchase on working on the wifeys 89 Cab recently painted candy white for our 10 year anniversary and driving my buddies Mk5 GTI. I love everything about this car it is the perfect blend of comfort & performance. Happy with the 4 door selection for a few reasons. They are rarely seen this side of the mountains and its nice for the kids! I plan on doing simple stock+ changes including coilovers, rims/tires, ecu flash, sub/amp/deck, rack with basket. Possibly interested in trading my GTI grill for the chrome Jetta setup with fogs.

Here she is

vw by Vosty3, on Flickr

Here's the wifeys 89 cab

130 by Meeko7, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
+1 congrats on finding an unmolested GTI. They are out there. I love Candy White (I'm biased) and you will have a lot of fun tuning it to your liking.

Or doing nothing to it, it's a great car. :thumbup:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Nice buy, but get rid of that License Plate from that bottom grille. It's blocking 60% of your airflow.
Nice buy, but get rid of that License Plate from that bottom grille. It's blocking 60% of your airflow.
Cant complain picking up a CPO with 65k Miles for $15.5k when everything else out there is going for 17K + End of the month negotiating ftw.

I am going to do the tow hook/LP mount DIY. Wasnt very pleased with the dealers zip tie plate location for that reason along with it rubbing on the grill a bit :banghead: I plan on cleaning it up and trading someone with the Chrome Jetta grill. There is something that I :heart: about the chrome on the white car with chrome or polished wheels. Still not a 100% on which direction I will go yet. Hard to be original when people have been modding mk5's for nearly 6 years now. I am trying to think outside the box considered even painting my roof basket candy white but it will prb get lost with too much white :sly:

Raceland coilovers will likely be my first step to modification. I am not looking to follow the trend of a slammed rig that is beyond daily drivable. Following the coilovers I will likely powdercoat the Classix in satin black leaving the VW logo unpainted. I haven't seen them in white but I think the white car white wheel look has been overplayed. I do have purple plasti dip left over that I used on the wifeys cab if I want to go crazy. Time to start browsing pictures for ways to get creative and I totally dig the DIY appearance & functional mods.

Side note: Has anyone seen paint to match Bi Pillars on a GTI? On my wifes cab we painted the bi pillar and around the windshield black to give it a different look. Sometimes going opposite of standard gives a nice change from the norm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.