VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw where someone had asked this Question on Club B5. I figured it was a good question. Since I am about to put the Wheels and the spoilers on. I know i will end up getting an exahust and chip. Let me know

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Re: Mod Freindly Dealer's in VA???? (BZZZZ_02_1.8t_Passat)

Now that the VW's have a 4 Year B2B warranty, you may want to consider keeping your original ECU and buying a 2nd one to have chipped. I know it costs more, but I throw in my factory unit whenever I go in for service on my 2001.5 and I've had no problems!
Here's something sweet!! APR has a Flip-Switch feature available on Turbo VW/Audi's that can change your ECU program back to the VW spec using the Cruise Control button. (Perfect setting for when you go back to the dealership!!)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Mod Freindly Dealer's in VA???? (The Swami)

I have looked into the second ECU option, but $1000 to chip the car is a little out there. I would love to do the APR chip with EMCS, but they still don't have a 2002 program, and i will not do the socketed chip. But thanks for the input. I never had any problems out of my 97 GTI, i had it chipped, TT exhaust, Pflo, and some other things. but it never ever went in for Warrenty work. (except for the molding, they never really fixed that)

·
Registered
4,454 Posts

Whoa, APR should have something available for your 2002 1.8T soon! Usually when GIAC has a chip available, APR will have one as well.

[Modified by The Swami, 3:37 PM 2-7-2002]

·
Registered
4,454 Posts

My friend if that's the case then I would hold off on chipping my car for a little while. Wait until APR has a 2002 program available!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Re: Mod Freindly Dealer's in VA???? (The Swami)

Dagfribbet Swami! I didn't know you was on the hype...PES Blower? Yah baby. That must sound sweeter than Blu Cantrell daddy. I miss my G60 every day.
On the subject above I am in for synthetic oil change & state inspection at Alexandria VW this Thurs. Will let y'all know how it goes. Worried about my smoked tails passing. We will see how "friendly" they be. I also feel like sticking around and watch to make SURE my Valvoline 5w40 goes in. I trust them though. Per Steve at 1552, I used to go to the Shell in Analdale (Annandale) but the inboys sold it. Now its run by an Uzbekistanian family. Latuh-pd

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Re: Mod Freindly Dealer's in VA???? (FLYWGN)

Yeah, I've had it on my 2000 for about 6 months and it's made a huge difference. I think before the next GTG, I'll have some new BBS on the 01.5 and a Zender spoiler! I wish I could find some suspension mods for the 4 Motion!!!

[Modified by The Swami, 10:28 AM 2-11-2002]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts