VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my friend both drove really moded V6 accord both in white and same body kits rims (the hole package) well they were fast but I sold mine and now have a 1.8t now the thing is he already ordered his S2000 considering that car is so expensive he will probably be stock for a while but by the time he gets his car my car will have the folowing: neuspeed or 3'' atp down pipe, high flow cat to match, eurosport exhaust, APR 93octane chip, cold air intake, Neuspeed turbo inlet, turbosx bypass, and mabye better plugs.
now will I have any chance with him at all, like mabye rolling or 50-70? or will he always be in front of my? (ohh yeea he dosent know how to drive stick yet)

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Re: moded 1.8t vs S2000 Stand a chance? (George Bush)

yeah maybe till about 30mph then he will smoke you so bad....
0-60 less than 5(4.8 I think) ... and that thing handles realy well. If you want to even compete you will have to do some realy real serious mods.. maybe APR stgIII or something like that, and still I am not sure of your chances.
But if you friend decides to put a super charger on that thing... you might as well hang a picutre of him on you wall and worship him

·
Registered
528 Posts
Re: moded 1.8t vs S2000 Stand a chance? (gtiglxvr62000)

quote:[HR][/HR]4.8 in their dreams![HR][/HR]​
The S2000 is pretty fast, and i believe it does 60mph in a around 5 secs, if not a little under. I have never driven one but I've had a few of them chasing behind my back and they managed to keep up at lower speed, under 100mph. However, I think the S2000 lacks midrange and high speed stability.

·
Registered
528 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]well my frien has never drove stick in his live so am pritty sure I will beat his the firts 2 months or so[HR][/HR]​
O right... your friend will be in trouble then. The engine of the S2000 is tricky, the car wouldn't go particularly fast unless high rev (well over 5000rpm) is maintained. Heel & Toe is a MUST. If your friend is inexperienced in manual gear shift, then he will have a hell lot to learn until he can utilize his new car's power. Speaking of transimission, the S2000 has an awesome gearbox i heard.

·
Registered
10,725 Posts
Re: moded 1.8t vs S2000 Stand a chance? (euro_vw)

quote:[HR][/HR]Buy a Lamborgini.[HR][/HR]​
[sarcasm]yeah, doesn't the chipped 1.8T beats everything?

[Modified by BananaCo, 2:58 AM 12-2-2001]

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Re: moded 1.8t vs S2000 Stand a chance? (BananaCo)

it is beatable, i know cuz the m3 is about the same speed as it, almost to the 10th and greg has taken me in DBJ, so it can be done, with a chip and the right exhaust [cough] forced motion [/cough]

·
Registered
528 Posts
Re: moded 1.8t vs S2000 Stand a chance? (rockstar)

quote:[HR][/HR]it is beatable, i know cuz the m3 is about the same speed as it, almost to the 10th and greg has taken me in DBJ, so it can be done, with a chip and the right exhaust [cough] forced motion [/cough][HR][/HR]​
HahAHHHAHahhahHAhaHa... yeah right... you have the e30 M3?

[Modified by Sealobo, 4:03 AM 12-2-2001]

·
Registered
834 Posts
Re: moded 1.8t vs S2000 Stand a chance? (2001Bora)

quote:[HR][/HR]Incredible that that I-4 in the S2000 is pumping out 240 HP and can rev up to 9000 rpms... they do sound nice when reving up in the stratosphere... lovely sound!!!
Isn't it one of the highest HP/litre engines out there?[HR][/HR]​
Hmmmm..I believe it is the current champ in the HP/L department......I cant wait

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
All you need to do is drop a turbocharger or supercharger to fix the lack in torque. Those Honda I-4's have tons of potential; especially the S2000.
Change the manifold, stronger rods, headers, camshaft, CF airbox on the S2000 you have a car that has top end strength from the beginning and after you have a nice nice torque curve!!!
You gotta complete the picture also with 10lb tank of nitrous!!! Overkill top end!!!
Whew!!! Vroom Vroom at 9000 rpms!!!

·
Registered
7,644 Posts

0-60 in 5.6 seconds is pretty Damn quick.... 120hp/L... 9000rpm... its like a freaking motorcycle! itll run i think a 13.9 or low 14.1/14.2 ... with enough mods u can stand a chance on a straigtaway.... if its on the twisties then forget about it.. he'll eat u for lunch.

·
Registered
808 Posts

i have a 1.8t with about 220hp and 245 lbs of torque. ive driven a stock s2000. there not that fast. only after 6500 rmp will it go. if your friend cant drive it will take him a while to learn that car. handling is ausome but thats the only good thing i think about that car. it has no pick up at all. also racing is all about driver. i beat s2000 all the time. it doesnt mean my car is faster i just know how to get the most power out of my car and most drivers dont know that.

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
Re: moded 1.8t vs S2000 Stand a chance? (neuspeed919)

Mugen "race" chip (race only... but ignore that)... lowers to VTEC point... walla short term fix.
However, if he has Nitrous and if he KNOWS how to shift like a pro (which he's not, not yet at least)... he could shoot while shifting... darn, one wrong move or delay basically screws the engine... whew... That's an out of the box cheater's mod. Cheating torque with NOS.
It's in a way forgiving b/c you have so much rpms to work with 9000 rpms.

[Modified by 2001Bora, 12:12 PM 12-2-2001]

·
Registered
4,884 Posts

S2000s run high 13s in the quarter with an experienced driver.
I run high 13s in the quarter...
Its all about driver. The S2000 is a hard car to laucnh (just like ours are). The shift points need to be perfect, the engine needs to be kept on a boil, everything needs to work in unison to make a fast pass on either cars. So, having said that, the best driver will win. (as long as the 1.8T has the same mods as mine or more)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts