VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there are those that really hate "retro" cars, but I think ( when properly done) you can get the best of both worlds. Modern safety and performance with much better styling than the typical "aero blob" (which I think happens to also be what my body is trying to turn into as I get older).
So for those of you that do enjoy retro styling, or just have one particular car you'd love to see remade or "re-imagined", what would be some of the cars you'd like to see redone?
For me, the three that come immedietly to mind would be:
MGB-GT

60's Lincoln Continental (yes, make sure the suicide doors make it)

Jaguar Mk2 sedan (yes I know the S-type has been made, but I'd like a proper, X-type replacement that performs well. More a true, RWD 3-series competitor with an British interior.)

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Re: (blk91gti)

Quote, originally posted by blk91gti »

My thoughts Exactly!
Just as the new Ford Mustang was designed after the original (and IMO they did a great job) I wish that VW designed the "IROC" after the original Scirocco, instead of making it a whole new blob...

·
Banned
13,061 Posts
Re: (Jettaboy1884)

Quote, originally posted by Jettaboy1884 »

My thoughts Exactly!
Just as the new Ford Mustang was designed after the original (and IMO they did a great job) I wish that VW designed the "IROC" after the original Scirocco, instead of making it a whole new blob...

They had to make it a little bigger...so they'd have somewhere to conceal the extra weight.

·
Registered
20,588 Posts
A real Z (not a ZX) - 350Z is more of a ZX remake with its "comforts."
Inline-6
More classic styling
very basic, somewhat harsh
light as hell
Never will happen, but I'd buy it along with a total of 3 other people.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.