VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Performance:
- ED Is38 / Past: Unitronic Stage 1&2 (Meh- $800 loss- disappointing): GIAC Stage 2 (Returned, but Awesome)
- ED TCU flash
- Unitronic High-flow DP + resonator
- Unitronic CF intake
- Unitronic IC
- H&R Street Performance Coils / Past: Bilstein Pss B14s
- 18 x 8.5 et45 VMR 710
- Michelin PSS 235/40
- 034 insert
- ST 25mm RSB mated with Emanuelle D endlinks
- PP/R front brakes

Appearance:
- 30% tint all around
- 42 DD spacers 6mm rear
- 4" dual walled tips
- Roof & Front Grille wrap
- Lamin-x rear reflectors
- F & R blk. badges white inlay
- Rear GTI badge (blk, chrome trim) w/blk rabbit
- USMillworks tow-hook plate mount (front) / (rear) Volvo bracket
- EDs golf.:R reps
- Dark Cherry LEDs

before:

after: with Bilstein pss B14s

another after: with H&R / Spacer increase in rear

Waiting for LEDs, but I need an ass shot!

LEDs

Dyno 91 oct

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
710s (Hyper Silver)

what body color did/are you getting: I'm assuming white. I'm thrown back by the look. These look amazing against white! Super clean and being lowered, I'm not a cop magnet.
It's a great fit and don't need spacers at all!

The 810s are pretty much the same so either way it'll be the same. It's funny how vortex profiled the same wheel set-up from VMR just two months ago. Either way you're set. Just decide on the suspension.

·
Registered
407 Posts
710s (Hypler Silver)

what body color did/are you getting. I'm thrown back by the look. These look amazing against white! Super clean and being lowered, I'm not a cop magnet.
It's a great fit and don't need spacers at all!
Ordered my 4dr in Pure White, just like yours. Can't wait!
In the meantime, looking at threads like these has to keep me occupied.

·
Registered
662 Posts
:thumbup: LOL twin brother. Car looks sick and rides oh so damn nice! I hear Mops on the spacers. Let's mount mine and you should be good to go. Feel like I need to give Pacific German a shot out as my brother has now been minted. They've done and continue to do good work on my GLI, quick pick for you cool boy Mk7's (thread jack) :laugh:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks great! I'd add a 5-6mm rear spacer. What are the 19" Audi rotor wheels for?
Tyler from PG had them laying around the shop. So u think I should dldo the spacers?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$'s tight brother, but they do look good.
Thanks tho!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for sharing, Your GTI looks great. I'll be installing those coil- overs this weekend. Is the ride much firmer than stock? Looks to have removed the wheel gap. :thumbup:
Love it. Thanx sir... It went lower than I thought it'd go... you'll be more than happy! The after pic does no justice at all. What wheels are you gonna run?

Not as stiff as HRs... better daily driver action.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Love it. Thanx sir... It went lower than I thought it'd go... you'll be more than happy! The after pic does no justice at all. What wheels are you gonna run?

Not as stiff as HRs... better daily driver action.

Excellent to hear!! I was concerned that the coils may not be low enough with the wheel gap the 7 has in stock form. I didnt want to go hella low & worry about destroying an oilpan, did that a few times on my mkiv. I have a set of 3SDM .06 on the car:) the Wheels kind of make it look like a little hot wheels car :laugh: If the weather is terrible this weekend, I plan on installing the Coils & maybe door puddle LEDs.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll work on the look I guess. I didn't realize car guys could act like foodies... :eek:

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.