VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys.
I know some of you have a Mk4 or Mk5, and have been watching us over at this thread.... but I figured it's time to add some of the original dubs, that put VW on the "map" in the world of car customization!
http://www.AutoModder.com is a user oriented site, where we believe that we should keep our software free to the public, since the public contibutes to the site, either by voicing their opinions or suggestions. Even photoshoppers can upload their pictures to our site to contribute!
We've had some good success so far with the VW MK4, VW MK5 and Audi worlds, but I want to get back to the "root" of things and get the MK2 going as much as I possibly can.
So far there are a few mod's, but I need YOUR help to get things going, so please comment either on this thread, or for a quicker response, on our forums.
If you have a "MOD" that you want added, weather it be rims, bumpers, moldings, then please don't hesitate to ask! Posting a picture helps even more!.
Maybe you like your Golf / GTI completely stock..

Or maybe you like some colour matched D90's...

Or heck, maybe you want a cool Army Green Golf Country..

Whatever it may be, check out http://www.autoModder.com, then come back in this thread and tell me what you want to be added to help improve the site.
Hopefully you guys like it! Thanks goes out to BellCityDubber for supplying a much needed list of parts thus far!
Talk to you soon.

Harry Scanlan, aka "footose"

Modified by footose_reloaded at 1:29 AM 9-21-2007

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Re: Mod'ing your MK2 Online ... AutoModder.com (footose_reloaded)

fantastic work good sir http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Re: Mod'ing your MK2 Online ... AutoModder.com (vw n00b)

Let us know what pics you need. Us Mk2 owners are pretty good pic whores!
Oh, and awesome job so far. I really like the wheel coloring option.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Re: Mod'ing your MK2 Online ... AutoModder.com (asynchron)

Throw some Mk2 original wheel options on there like Snowflakes and P-Slots that would be cool..

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Re: Mod'ing your MK2 Online ... AutoModder.com (Mk2doorgolf)

It looks like the car with the D-90's has no front lip. Please make sure we have at least a 16v lip, or maybe a mk3 vr6 one and a seat one http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
24,968 Posts
Re: Mod'ing your MK2 Online ... AutoModder.com (dubsport87)

Quote, originally posted by dubsport87 »
It looks like the car with the D-90's has no front lip. Please make sure we have at least a 16v lip, or maybe a mk3 vr6 one and a seat one http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Those aren't D90's from what i see.

·
Registered
12 Golf 2.5, 99.5 Cabrio GLS
48,006 Posts
Re: Mod'ing your MK2 Online ... AutoModder.com (footose_reloaded)

Your 2 door models still have a passenger side rear quarter glass

Needs some work, but at least it's FREE!

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Re: Mod'ing your MK2 Online ... AutoModder.com (Capt.Dreadz)

Quote, originally posted by Capt.Dreadz »

Those aren't D90's from what i see.

then what are they

·
Registered
6,225 Posts

Quote, originally posted by dubsport87 »

then what are they
clubsports

·
Registered
1,959 Posts

Site could be good, but like all of these sites, its only as good as the options....this site needs some more work

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
needs a lot of work.
but so far it works pretty well.
first off, get a jetta!
you need some euro isht! and some shaving options.

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Re: Mod'ing your MK2 Online ... AutoModder.com (taymk2)

Quote, originally posted by taymk2 »
clubsports

clubsports have no lip, on that pic it looks like have a small one. But really who cares, it's really not something worth arguing over

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Hey guys!
Quote »
Throw some Mk2 original wheel options on there like Snowflakes and P-Slots that would be cool..

Quote »
It looks like the car with the D-90's has no front lip. Please make sure we have at least a 16v lip, or maybe a mk3 vr6 one and a seat one

Quote »
Those aren't D90's from what i see

Quote »
Your 2 door models still have a passenger side rear quarter glass

Comments like these are PERFECT!
I've added the following:
Tranatula
12 Hole Steelies
PSlot
Snowflake
Changed D90's to Clubsport
VR6 MK3 Lip
Quote »
"The site needs work"

These comments don't actually help at all, because "need work" is a pretty braud range to go by. I'm here posting so that I can see what you guys want added. It's by no means "finished".
The best way to help (in ORDER), is to:
1) State what you want added to the site
2) Post a picture of it, with exact description / size (if its a rim), this will allow me to work on it ASAP, instead of me looking aroudn the internet for a picture.
2a) If posting bumpers, try to get it on the same angle as the picture on the site, and have the car as light coloured as possible.

Cheers! Thanks guys.
Keep the idea's coming and I'll add them ASAP.
EDIT: I have thick skin, so if you think something sucks, or isn't right, don't hesitate to post it, so that I can change it!
I know the Big BUmper angle is a little off, I'm working on a new one as we speak.
As long as people enjoy it, I'll contiune to work on it. I'll never charge for this site, I plan to have some advertisers on there to help pay for server costs as soon as it's "up to par".

Modified by footose_reloaded at 11:34 AM 9-21-2007

1 - 20 of 229 Posts