VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey :) I recently bought a white 2008 golf city and was wondering what some mods I could get for it. Also, I want to buy fog lights but I was told they don't make them so what could be the best fit for fog lights?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Hey :) I recently bought a white 2008 golf city and was wondering what some mods I could get for it. Also, I want to buy fog lights but I was told they don't make them so what could be the best fit for fog lights?

Please use the search this has been asked before but my friend Zack has the best example of a well done city

·
Registered
596 Posts
Please use the search this has been asked before but my friend Zack has the best example of a well done city

I've seen Zack's car in person, looks cool. Those WCI rims are dope. Other than exhaust, coils and rims, there's really not much I don't think

·
Registered
39 Posts
well there are a few things that you can get from the MK4 Golf since it is primarily the same platform.

for aesthetics you would need to go custom as there isn't for this body style.

not sure if you can see this or not but this is what we did with my wifes City.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3985669/2008-volkswagen-citigolf/

Currently have her car lowered, MKV GTi fog lights, retrofitted projecter headlights. MK4 2.0 intake.
Thats all i wanted to invest it this.

Apparently there is a chip available through Unitronic http://www.unitronic-chipped.com/ecu-tuning/Volkswagen-Golf-City-20L-8v-2007-2009-115hp

I think when i spoke to Zack last he had this done and he said it was pretty good for the price but i never did it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ive tryd slammin my city with 17s. the axels are rubbing and hitting the frame pretty bad so i had to raise it back up. its quite a pissoff. so im tryin to figure out how to have it slammed without it rubbing the frame. highly doubt theres a solution but its worth tryin to find out a way

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
ive tryd slammin my city with 17s. the axels are rubbing and hitting the frame pretty bad so i had to raise it back up. its quite a pissoff. so im tryin to figure out how to have it slammed without it rubbing the frame. highly doubt theres a solution but its worth tryin to find out a way
frame notch....problem solved

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2009 white golf city aswell. Not much for aftermarket parts for this car but so far these are the mods including the little stuff.
straight pipe from cat back
"cold air" intake
5% Tinted windows and tinted taillights
Plaid fabric wrapped interior
12" apline type r sub
Front lip
Led in all holders, headlights and fog lights
Black Vinyl roof
Interior glow
17" rtx rims (new rims eventually)
Stock suspension for these **** ass canadian winters. Need the clearance in my location.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 18's on my 2010 city and I'm slammed no issues at all
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts