VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,707 Posts
Re: (SN2BJDM)

Last week we did 4 into 2 Dasher Manifold, 2 into 1 TT down pipe and no Cat (Deleted Cat is the shizzle) 2.5 inch straight back exhaust with high-flow turbo muffler (no middle resonator muffler)....sounds nice and throaty...and I can feel the difference in the gas pedal. I can't believe I drove so many Foxes without such a great Exhaust!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
373 Posts
Re: mods list (SN2BJDM)

Stock Hp at the wheels: 69-70, motor 81-83.
Exhaust is the biggest factor, IF you do the downipe and manifold, I will say 8 HP at the wheels- that stock exhaust is very restrictive. just the cat-back, say 5.
Throttle body, like the 91-93 model? Negligable.
The cam, depends on where you want to get the power at, and which cam you get. With stock valve springs, you won't rev any higher before valve float, but stock Foxes run out of lungs way before that, like at 5G's on the tach. The right cam should get you 5HP wheel, tops.
Cam gear: just dials in where the HP hits. Not a factor until ALOT more modifications.
So, 81+10 = 91 motor, maybe 80 wheel. And that is with your current small valve head, although the bigger may only net you a HP or two.
That is why the guys go with the 2.0 here, gives them closer to 100 wheel/120 motor with the same mods. Actually, you can get that out of a 1.8 high compression motor, but the torque (what you feel) is lower with the 1.8, so many "tuners" here don't go that route.

· Registered
5,703 Posts
Re: (DasBaldGuy)

Quote, originally posted by DasBaldGuy »
Last week we did 4 into 2 Dasher Manifold, 2 into 1 TT down pipe and no Cat (Deleted Cat is the shizzle) 2.5 inch straight back exhaust with high-flow turbo muffler (no middle resonator muffler)

That's a 2.25", Shawn. Yes, it does sound lovely. Your Fox and Scott's Rabbit (2.25" TT with flowmaster) are like music!

· Registered
3,707 Posts
Re: (Longitudinal)

Quote, originally posted by Longitudinal »

That's a 2.25", Shawn. Yes, it does sound lovely. Your Fox and Scott's Rabbit (2.25" TT with flowmaster) are like music!

Thanks for that, 2.25, not 2.5! Jonathan worked his magic as usual! My Fox has a healthy growl now!!

· Registered
2,973 Posts
Re: (DasBaldGuy)

Funny! I did have that heathly funny growl a few years ago... now I tend to have a not loud at all deep low growl that I only hear past 5500rpm. It still louder than stock even on idle...
I got pulled 24 time because of my exhaust.

Hopefully I was always carrying misc exhaust parts in the trunk... never got a ticket

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.