VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what mods are out there that have no downside, and every Tiguan owner would benefit from them? An example would include the APR Plus mod which boosts horsepower, but doesn't seem to have any other ill effects on the car (possible less gas mileage, but that's speculative as far as I know).

What I'm NOT looking for are things like.... lowering the car, which would give less clearance space over bumpy terrain, but might improve the looks.

Please ONLY post things that make the Tiguan better!

·
Registered
173 Posts
My list of my mods attached.
All make the Tig better, otherwise why would I do them??? . Also none of these touch the power train and all are quite low cost as well.

I’ve also done a bunch of OBDELEVEN tweaks as well.

Here’s what coding changes I did as well:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn, now I need a link to every one of your mods. LOL I want to do them all! Some people do things like the rear wiper delete.... but then you don't have a rear wiper to clean the window... that's the kind of mod I want to avoid because it has both a positive (aesthetics) and a negative (loss of function).

I got the console tray already with the cool Tiguan "floormat" inside it. I might do the dash cubby too soon. My 2021 already came with wireless charging underneath the infotainment system. It makes the phone really hot though.

I guess I need to figure out what I need in order to start enabling stuff in with the OBD. I literally want every single one of your mods.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LED fogs would be an easy one to add on that list

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
LED fog lights are more expensive, and typically don't come in the yellow color that helps cut through the fog. I'd prefer the traditional fog lights that come with the car.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
LED fog lights are more expensive, and typically don't come in the yellow color that helps cut through the fog. I'd prefer the traditional fog lights that come with the car.
You can get real Amber output from an led, you could even get color changing that can do both white and amber.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Damn, now I need a link to every one of your mods. LOL I want to do them all! Some people do things like the rear wiper delete.... but then you don't have a rear wiper to clean the window... that's the kind of mod I want to avoid because it has both a positive (aesthetics) and a negative (loss of function).

I got the console tray already with the cool Tiguan "floormat" inside it. I might do the dash cubby too soon. My 2021 already came with wireless charging underneath the infotainment system. It makes the phone really hot though.

I guess I need to figure out what I need in order to start enabling stuff in with the OBD. I literally want every single one of your mods.
All were quite cheap as well. The most expensive was the dash storage cubby for about $80 CDN (I’m in Canada), and of course the OBDELEVEN.

Future possibilities on my list are the puddle light projectors that project the VW logo on the ground when the door is open, and the dynamic turn signal LEDs in the mirrors. Not sure if I’ll ever get to either of them though… I’m on the fence about whether they are “cool” or “tacky”.

BTW, there’s someone selling smoked markers in the for sale thread, not sure if he sold them yet or not.

Cheers…
DoC

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
All were quite cheap as well. The most expensive was the dash storage cubby for about $80 CDN (I’m in Canada), and of course the OBDELEVEN.
Been doing some reading on the obdeleven. Not sure which model to get. Seems like there is also a competitor called carista that does the same thing. I'm also confused about these "credits" that you can buy.
Will I not be able to modify my engine without buying credits?

EDIT: *Modify my ECU software, not engine. Thanks DoC

·
Registered
173 Posts
Carista does not let you do long coding or adaptations.
You don’t need credits on OBDeleven if you do long coding or adaptations. Credits only for 1-touch apps, which basically do the coding and adaptations for you.
White OBDeleven is old version, black V2 is current. Works with both android and iOS.
Pro is just an account upgrade, not a different device. Need pro to do long coding and adaptations.

Engine mods???

Cheers,
DoC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts