VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MOMO shift boot/SCR design questions...opinions needed

OK, here is the reason for the post. I was looking at a Momo shift knob and the stock boot w/SCR design adapter. But I also think that getting a Momo leather shift boot would be sweet. And I know that people are going to say...go with the SCR because it is cheaper...well a 30 dollar difference will not sway me one way or another. I want what would be the best not the cheapest. So my question is do you need an adapter or does the momo leather shift boot come with an adapter of some kind to join the knob snug with the boot? I have seen on some threads that I search, that you actually screw the boot to the knob, what's with that?
Any replies will be great, and if you guys can hurry I am going to order one or the other within the next hour........SO HOLLA AT ME!!!!!!!

[Modified by apr_tuned_jetta, 8:00 PM 4-9-2002]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re: MOMO shift boot/SCR design questions (apr_tuned_jetta)

I would like to know also, i have my knob but i cant get the stock one off, and to me it looks like the stock boot is attached to the stock knob. are they seperate ?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Re: MOMO shift boot/SCR design questions (apr_tuned_jetta)

You should be set with just the Momo boot. As Cosmic VR6 said, it should thread right into any of their knobs. The only thing that I've heard is that since it is a universal boot, the fit isn't perfect for our cars - it seems to be a little too big. IMHO, the SCR adapter is great especially b/c the stock boot fits well. Good luck. BTW, here's a quick pick of my set-up:

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Re: MOMO shift boot/SCR design questions (2001jetta1.8t)

quote:[HR][/HR]You should be set with just the Momo boot. As Cosmic VR6 said, it should thread right into any of their knobs. The only thing that I've heard is that since it is a universal boot, the fit isn't perfect for our cars - it seems to be a little too big. IMHO, the SCR adapter is great especially b/c the stock boot fits well. Good luck. BTW, here's a quick pick of my set-up:
[HR][/HR]​
Thats purty

·
Registered
2,066 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]You should be set with just the Momo boot. As Cosmic VR6 said, it should thread right into any of their knobs. The only thing that I've heard is that since it is a universal boot, the fit isn't perfect for our cars - it seems to be a little too big. IMHO, the SCR adapter is great especially b/c the stock boot fits well. Good luck. BTW, here's a quick pick of my set-up:
[HR][/HR]​
Hey Ed....I have that too

·
Registered
538 Posts
Re: MOMO shift boot/SCR design questions (Wakaru)

quote:[HR][/HR]
Hey Ed....I have that too

[HR][/HR]​
Hey Allan. I didn't know that
. Bro, I've got to see your car in person sometime. The few pics I've seen, especially of your new front bumper, are sweet.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

Well personally I like the SCR adapter best out of all the options I've seen. Here's mine with the Momo F16:

I've never really like the Momo boots much, because of the way it goes over the knob base like the one here:

But the one in the photo OBRUTSTOGI posted looks pretty cool.. it looks like it has a different adapter. And I definitely think that the leather ofthe Momo boots looks like a higher quality than the stock boots.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts