VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to wire my subwoofer tonight to my monsoon system and cannot get my amp to power on. I know i have power running to the amp, and i connected the line out converter correctly (i think) to the monsoon wireing harness. I also ran the remote wire to the grey wire from the CD changer harness. I can't think of why the amp won't turn on.... I have an Icepod icelink hooked up to the back of the radio in the dash, so i was wondering if there is just NO power what-so-ever running to the harness in the back because of this? I thought my amp might have been bad, so I disconnected my sisters amp out of her Jeep to try out...and still nothing.
Suggestions?

Modified by mikey97 at 10:29 PM 3-21-2006

·
Registered
227 Posts
run a remote wire from your battery to a discrete place in the car and wire a switch to turn your amp on, then to the amp. That grey wire thing is tricky, and if you mess it up, you can fry your head unit... or better yet, just get a new head unit. It will make your speakers sound better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.