VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to get a 2002 Passat GLX in Silverstone Grey!! Whewww... now that decision is over.
The one thing I'm struggling with is the color of the leather. I've seen one with Black Leather but haven't seen any with Grey leather. Does anyone have picutres that show a sliverstone grey with grey leather? I really like the black leather but am concenred about the heat issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
dude i have a silverstone on black

it isnt all that hot trust me i live in south florida i just got mine like 2 weeks ago. they color change from the dark grey looking in to the black is amazing stick with black interior.
good luck

·
Registered
181 Posts
Re: More picutes please (sgarelick)

I agree with Matt7772. I live in Georgia and was concerned with the heat. I went with black leather for my blue anthracite. Black is definitely a sharp color with silverstone grey. You can always get the windows tinted (~$250), and control the windows and moonroof with the keys to let some air in.
Good luck,
Hany

·
Registered
169 Posts

Check the link in my signature. That should be what your looking for. I gotta tell you I absolutely love the grey on grey.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Re: More picutes please (SilverstonePassat)

I have an '02 variant GLX/4Mo that is silverstone/grey leather. Some pics:
http://mattsoft.com/photographs/b5.5/DSC00012.jpg
http://mattsoft.com/photographs/b5.5/DSC00013.jpg
Can't see the interior too well though. I'd take more pics but my baby has been in the shop for 50 days now and I think may be dead. =( Hopefully VW will replace it with another silverstone/grey leather variant! It's a nice combo...

[Modified by mattsoft, 7:49 PM 12-5-2001]

·
Registered
6,792 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I've decided to get a 2002 Passat GLX in Silverstone Grey!! Whewww... now that decision is over.
The one thing I'm struggling with is the color of the leather..[HR][/HR]​
I have seen the silverstone in all three interior colors. The yellowish shade of the beige just doesn't work with this car. The grey leather gives a gorgeous contrast with the dash/steering/etc and the much darker exterior. The black leather is not "shiny" and it also works well with the exterior color, and as far as all black interiors go, this is a good one. Don't worry too much about the heat. With the Passat leather, you are going to sweat a little for the first few minutes no matter what color leather you get. The "breathability" just cannot compare to that of the cloth seats. So if you want to "suffer" a little
, you might as well get the color you want. But do check the grey just for the appareance, in case you like it better. The bottom line is that you can't go wrong with either grey or black
(but beige is a different story).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Re: More picutes please (av_audi)

We have the variant in SGrey/Black Leather. We like the the black leather since it contrasts well with the headliner and other interior trim colors. Now if you really want to notice the color difference, a black interior open sunroof moonlit sky with the dash lights on - AWESOME. The black dashboard and interior just sort of blends into the background and there you are floating in your Passat space ship. Sorry no night pictures since they involve my wife in some very interesting poses but trust me - blond woman's hair on black leather is quite attractive.
Our windows are tinted by the way so heat isn't much of an issue. But then we live in the Pacific Northwest. Every so often I run around in shorts during the winter and the cold leather seats sting a little bit but that's not a big problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: More picutes please (SCTrent)

Thanks to everyone for the quick responses. It wasn't an easy decision, but I took the plunge today and ordered a 2002 GLX Automatic Silverstone Grey & Black Leather. The car should be here in about 2 weeks and I can't wait.
Thanks Again!

·
Registered
5,235 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]...I took the plunge today and ordered a 2002 GLX Automatic Silverstone Grey & Black Leather.[HR][/HR]​
Good choice
I get SOO many compliments on mine. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts