VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RS3 05 F250 99 ZX9R 82 Rabbit
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the Weitec coils and Bonrath Monowiper shipped from Germany on the 2nd of Feb., so I thought I was going to have to wait a while for them to come in. But when I came home Friday, there they were, so I decided to put them on. I still have about 2.5 inches left to go down. I initially had them an inch lower but the tires were rubbing on the spring perches, so I had to raise them back up. When the RS's go on with 195-45-15 Toyo's, I'll be able to dump it with the spacers on. I didn't notice any "bouncyness", but they do handle great, especially after the suspension that was on there. New strut mounts and rear poly bushings too. The monowiper took about 30 minutes to install. The suspension took about 3 hours of real work, but with having to cut out 2 bolts and a run to Lowes it tok aroun 5 hours. I'm picking up the RS centers from the powdercoater on Monday and reasembling them with the tires on Saturday. If next weekend is nice then I'm going to have to put them on to see what they look like................

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Re: More progress.......... (Broken96VR6)

mmmm polished snowflakes mmmmmmmm http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Well, the coils brought out the first weak link in the drivetrain today. Car started to shimmy when letting off the gas. Thought it might be a motor mount, but decided to check the coil installation just in case. Everything was fine until the left-front. The outer CV boot is torn about 1/2 way around. I knew this was going to happen. Dumping it puts more stress on the drivetrain and any weak points will surely rear their ugly heads............

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: More progress.......... (veedubmurray)

Either this weekend or next, but just to see what they look like. I'd hate to get road salt on them. I'm getting the centers back from the powdercoaters either today or tommorow. Can't wait to see them on the car..........

·
Registered
925 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Broken96VR6 »
Either this weekend or next, but just to see what they look like. I'd hate to get road salt on them. I'm getting the centers back from the powdercoaters either today or tommorow. Can't wait to see them on the car..........

Awesome. You'll have to stop down the shop when you get them on. Who knows, I might even let you clean it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts