VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i mentioned this stuff in mr. blacks thead about his port and polish project. But i thought since there is so much going around right now on the topic that everyone might find it usefull if i just put up a topic on it. here is some info i got from http://www.summitracing.com
MOR-35560
A universal filler.
A&B epoxy
This two-part bonding product molds like putty, yet hardens in one hour to a steel-like consistency. It doesn't shrink and isn't affected by solvents, oils, or gasoline. The maximum temperature it can withstand is 250 degrees F, which makes it perfect for repairing intake manifolds, cylinder head intake ports, heads, and blocks. It can be drilled and tapped when hard, adheres to almost any clean surface, and hardens in 60 minutes at 75 degrees F.
This is good stuff, ive seen it put to use. It is for the intake ports and intake maifold only though. If you are thinking of using this stuff, DO NOT use this stuff in the combustion chamber, exaust ports or exaust manifold. I pretty sure there are epoxys out there that can hold up to that type of heat, im just not sure where to get them. I will personally be using this stuff in short order to match my intake manifold to the head as well as to my carburetors. Cant wait to see how it all turns out.
Hope this info will be of help to you guys!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Re: Moroso A&B Epoxy- for cylinder heads and intake manifolds (Eldorado56)

Quote, originally posted by Eldorado56 »

This two-part bonding product molds like putty, yet hardens in one hour to a steel-like consistency. It doesn't shrink and isn't affected by solvents, oils, or gasoline. !

so what happens when you want to take it apart? i might have missed something but...after/if you can get the manifold off the head.. how do you get the rest of the epoxy/putty of the manifold etc...
or does it come with special stuff to remove it?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Moroso A&B Epoxy- for cylinder heads and intake manifolds (cleapickup)

i think you may have misunderstood exactly what this stuff is. It is for adding meterial if necessary to your intake runners or the intake ports. it goes on the inside and allows you to shape the ports or runners. it is not used for glueing your manifold to the head if thats what you thought

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Re: Moroso A&B Epoxy- for cylinder heads and intake manifolds (cleapickup)

Good work, now all we have to do is find an epoxy we can use in the exhaust ports
To bad its the exhaust side that needs the most work on a 16V.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Moroso A&B Epoxy- for cylinder heads and intake manifolds (dohc)

you caould always weld in more material. just be careful and do it a very little ad a time to avoid warping http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
But an epoxy would be much easier, i'll see if i cant find anything, i'll let you guys know if i do

·
Registered
3,325 Posts

I've heard DEVCON mentioned a few times- perhaps it would be appropriate for high temp applications (ie exhaust)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts