• IE 93 octane and DSG tune

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Untitronics 93 Octane and DSG tune

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to get every body's idea on their tuner. I've been trying to watch videos on YouTube and do some research on the fastest tune for the mk7 GTIs. I was apr stage 2 and I was quite happy with it. But I totaled my 2015 mk7 GTI and I missed it so much I got a 2016 GTI. Since I have to pay for my tune again I'm in the market to any tuner.

Thanks!

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
481 Posts
Like i said before, everyone who claims ED and UNI are faster, post a slip with the time and a trap speed. All the top times i see seem to be APR stg2 beating out everyone else. Doesn't make APR better, just the fastest.

· Registered
101 Posts
I personally think APR/Eurodyne have the most aggressive tune on the market. If I had to re-tune my car, I would probably go with GIAC and Unitronic would be my last choice. They're all great tuners it just comes down to which company you prefer. There's a huge ED thread on GolfMk7 forum and the 2015 owners with V8.2 are satisfied with the performance and the new V1.2 tune is very satisfying for the 2016 owners.

The beauty behind ED and Unitronic is you can flash from home. The biggest BOOST behind Eurodyne is the multiple tunes available on the server for free of charge including the IS38 tune! 91, 93, and 100 octane files available, data logging, coding, and soon Maestro will be released.

· Registered
101 Posts
IF you want to spend the $$ to buy their proprietary cable and do that.
It's only $699 and and $684 shipped with a coupon code on USPmotorsports.com and you can flash from home with different files and go back to stock. Unitronic offers the same device, but It may cost a little more. APR does not you need to pay a dealer to flash you back to stock and you also need to pay Unitronic and APR extra if you decide to go IS38, but with Eurodyne its on the server and don't need to pay extra to run the file. I think GIAC has a device, but i may be wrong.

· Registered
11,601 Posts
Get a JB1 or wait till the JB4 is released.

This way you can sell the hardware and recoup most of your costs the next time VTEC kicks in around a corner and you take out some fents, crubs or brushes. :laugh::beer:

· Registered
67 Posts
The thread (linked by surfstar) is worth the 21 page read. I had actually stumbled upon that thread before this one. I could not believe my eyes when I read the title of this thread after reading about the OP's unfortunate experience with his last tune.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Turbo blowing was not my fault. Going around a turn to fast was my fault. By I guarantee im twice the driver you guys are that trying to hate. You guys a bunch of no life scums who got nothing to do but wait for a post to hate on. SMD

· Registered
481 Posts
Turbo blowing was not my fault. Going around a turn to fast was my fault. By I guarantee im twice the driver you guys are that trying to hate. You guys a bunch of no life scums who got nothing to do but wait for a post to hate on. SMD
MK72015, first let me say that I support modifying cars and if the turbo was known to be faulty I am on the fence about whos responsibility it should be to fix it.. With that being said I see no harm in taking the car to the dealer to see if they determine the turbo was faulty weather you were tuned or not.

As far as just looking for the most aggressive tune after wrecking your last car, this is your life and your car. I'm not here nor can anyone else tell you what to do with your money and life. I just caution that you take sometime to think or learn to properly handle your car on public roads. The added power that comes with these cars often are not combined with bigger brakes or better tires, which in turn could lead to increased chances of accidents.

But hell I'm an old guy now, I support you going stage 2 and hope you don't have any new major setbacks. My opinion is still APR, they cost more but I trust their software.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.