VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While this is from 4 years ago, I assume it still holds for the most part. At some point Tesla will start to appear on the map.

·
Registered
44,621 Posts
You assume incorrectly. Toyota just passed Ford in the United States. GM is considerably bigger here, but since it's divided up into 4 brands I suppose that's out.

·
Registered
2020 Civic Type R, 2014.5 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3 (work)
2,129 Posts
I'm a little surprised that Honda only has one small country: The Bahamas.

Reactions: Lifelong Obsession

·
Registered
13,537 Posts
Not surprise for me... many countries cannot live off just with "small cars". Many countries need truck and pick up of different sizes and Honda products have NONE. I see Honda products line up kind of at the opposite end compare to GM and Ford. Honda products are mostly smaller car/CUV and GM/Ford are mainly large pick up/SUV and Toyota are doing EVERYTHING. This is why American brands and Honda only appear in a few countries. It doesn't mean they are not selling, it just mean they (GM/Ford/Honda) never able be the "most popular".

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Despite not being tuned into twitter, I recently ran across this page which offers interesting stuff about sales figures et cetera

I like seeing the specific breakdowns especially,
by segment:

:

or
individual marque:

·
Registered
2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
22,601 Posts
Yes winning a whole country sounds great, but population wise winning a country like Gambia is like winning Orlando. Still, it is interesting to see the regional breakdowns of who dominates what. Is Honda really only #1 in the Bahamas? Honestly damn. Population wise that's like saying you've won Wichita.

·
Registered
25,198 Posts
You assume incorrectly. Toyota just passed Ford in the United States. GM is considerably bigger here, but since it's divided up into 4 brands I suppose that's out.
Ford is still the number 1 brand in the US in 2021.

TMC (Toyota+Lexus) passed FMC (Ford +Lincoln) mostly due to Lexus outselling Lincoln 3 to 1.

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda, Ducati
35,036 Posts
In comparison to the Toyota, Ford, and GM, Honda is a tiny company (in the car world).

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Wonder how that 'trucks only' strategy is going to pan out for them....
Probably not great with the incoming administration LOL

·
Registered
13,537 Posts
In comparison to the Toyota, Ford, and GM, Honda is a tiny company (in the car world).
People like to exaggerate how small Honda it actually is. There are not many automaker in the world are bigger than Honda. For an automaker (Honda) that without a professional truck division, IT IS NOT SMALL.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts