VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
I'm a little surprised that Honda only has one small country: The Bahamas.
Honda is in the top 3 in a lot of countries so this chart is somewhat misleading because it only shows the best selling brand. The company doesn't sell any vans or commercial trucks outside Japan so it is hard to be the #1 brand in any market when you don't participate in up to 50% of the market.

People like to exaggerate how small Honda it actually is. There are not many automaker in the world are bigger than Honda. For an automaker (Honda) that without a professional truck division, IT IS NOT SMALL.
Honda passed Ford in 2020 but will get leapfrogged by the new Stellantis. Ford is the incredible shrinking car company as it hasn't recorded a sales increase in a decade. Toyota and Hyundai has been feasting on Ford's crumbling market share in Europe and South America. It will never happen but a Ford-Honda combination will pack quite a punch due to their geographic and product diversity.

Sales by volume 2020
1. VW 9.3 million
2. Toyota 8.9 million
3. Renault-Nissan 7.95 million
4. Hyundai-Kia 6.5 million
5. GM 6.3 million
6. Honda 4.5 million
7. Ford 4.1 million
8. FCA* 3.9 million
9. PSA* 2.9 million
10. Daimler 2.55 million

* Stellantis would be #4 if the merger was completed in 2020

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda, Ducati
35,134 Posts
There are not many automaker in the world are bigger than Honda.
but there are plenty of automakers in the world that are larger in physical size (not JUST sales, mind you). We ARE the largest ENGINE manufacturer on the planet, but that's because we diversify among so many different products. Financially, we are still smaller than ones I've mentioned.

Saying "there are not many bigger" still leaves quite a few companies ahead of us.

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
Saying "there are not many bigger" still leaves quite a few companies ahead of us.
And I will still not use "tiny" to describe Honda Motor Company. There are a lots more automakers are smaller than Honda Motors. No Japanese will ever think Honda is a "tiny" company nowadays.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts