VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Re: Mother's Scratch Remover (sniper27)

i was literally about to make the same post.
we swirled up the galactic blue finish yesterday and today the dealer told my fiance that this stuff was the poop to buy.
anyone use mother's gold?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Re: Mother's Scratch Remover (backpacker)

It works best when used with many repetitions and light pressure, from as many different angles as possible (up/down, side to side, diagonal, circular, etc.)
Don't use heavy pressure as you'll make it worse - work it a longer time with light pressure.
Use good quality terry cloth towels (or a foam applicator) for application, and a microfiber for removal.
Afterwards, you'll need your favorite polish and /or wax.
If you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, chances are it's too deep to be truly "fixed".

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Mother's Scratch Remover (forrest)

forrest - thanks. see, i hit like a cardboard box or something on the freeway. got a nice patch of light scratches, looks like bunch of swirl marks. the scratches are light enough so you cannot feel them with your finger or nail. so i think i'm gonna try this and see how it works before taking it to a body shop.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Re: Mother's Scratch Remover (sniper27)

Someone scratched my rear bumber with what appeared to be rubber insert of his bumber. Mother's Scratch Remover worked nicely. Just be patient, don't rub like mad, take your time (20 minutes or so).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.