1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
10,634 Posts
Re: motor is done... (1.BillyT)

Quote, originally posted by QuickK03Crap »
So how long did it make 490?

Quote, originally posted by 1.BillyT »

It was a week from the first time the car saw 490 wheel till it let go. no big deal.

·
Banned
10,634 Posts
Re: motor is done... (TurboZen)

Quote, originally posted by TurboZen »
Yeah, I'm probably going this route as well. I already have the awd pistons. just need to find a good rod that will work with them. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Same here, Ian is shipping mine out today. New rings and rods shortly.

·
Banned
10,634 Posts
Re: motor is done... (1.BillyT)

Several companies make rods for the 20mm wrist pin for AWD/AEB pistons. But the majority of people have the AWW and AWP 19 mm setup. Hence why I'm using AWD pistons. Not saying/starting anything but I'm suprised you didn't know that? I know you were pusing a full stock setup, but I think this will be the hot ticket. And we'll see what OEM pistons can do. I know Don's pistons were heavier than stock. Can you do a weight comparison with your new pistons and rods compared to stock?

·
Banned
10,634 Posts
Re: motor is done... (TurboZen)

Quote, originally posted by TurboZen »
Don R might know the definitive answer on this. hopefully he can say one way or the other.

I already asked him. He says it looks like it would work and if not, machine the pistons. Apparently Pauter has instructions on their site how to do it.

·
Banned
10,634 Posts
Re: motor is done... (bobqzzi)

Quote, originally posted by bobqzzi »
My Eurospec rods fit my AMU pistons.

Assembled in the block? Think the lower compression ratio of the pitson allows this if the answer to previous question is yes?

·
Banned
10,634 Posts

Quote, originally posted by bobqzzi »

assembled and dynoed at 464hp so far. If anything a lower compression ratio would mean a deeper dish thus making interference worse..but they fit no problem- I think the problem Steve had is attributable to the Pauter rods- they are a bit bulkier than others..but no big deal a few minutes with a dies grinder and a balance sounds like it would fix the problem.

That 464 is crank, correct? What rpm is peak torque at?

·
Banned
10,634 Posts

So just under 350 peak crank torque at as low as 5300. Reason I'm asking as I'm sure you know is the bent Eurospec rod issue. You obviously have tuning under control which isn't an option (currently).

·
Banned
10,634 Posts
Re: (CEL-4-LIFE)

According to Marco at SEM, AWD pistons work all day long with no modifications with the same Pauter rods that Don is using. Now there are different versions of Pauter's that I've seen comparison pics of. But it can be done with off the shelf parts. And that's what I'm going to do.
If it doesn't work when it comes time, I'll order up some pistons too. lol

·
Banned
10,634 Posts
Re: (Don R)

Quote, originally posted by Don R »

VW GTI 1.8L: 43754
P/N: GTI-200-506-1440F
SET ID#: J-43, 54, 63,65
Center to Center Length: 5.668in
Big end weight: 403 grams
Overall weight: 588 grams
Trq Spec: 50 ft/lbs
Small end Dia: .7877in
Big end Dia: 1.9923in
Big end Width: .980in
Small end Width: .980in
Mat'l Spec: E4340 C'MOLLY STEEL

In case you guys missed my post earlier, these WILL work with stock AWD/AEB pistons.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.