VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Based on a quick search on ECS Tuning web site, for the AUG or AWM engine code (there are different versions of the 1.8T engine) the oil pan part number is
06B103601CA. But it also indicates that this replaces 06B103603P and 06B103601P. Note the distinction between "601" and "603".

I see no reference to your part number that ends in a "N", but my gut feel is that what you bought should work.

FWIW, I would not have bought an oil pan on eBay. A brand new genuine VW oil pan is about $200. A brand new aftermarket oil pan is about $70.

Don't forget you'll need gaskets too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thabks! I know aftermarkets are not the same quality but this will be a temporary fix, I really need my car, gaskets I think I can buy them here the problem was with this part... Again thanks alot

·
Registered
961 Posts
...Get Bolts Too...

If you are going to do this yourself...I would recommend getting some new bolts too...I think there are 20 or so...and a couple may be longer...if there was enough stress to crack your pan; a few bolts may be very difficult to remove...heads could strip or snap off....you may even want to replace all of the fasteners....I have been in a situation where I trashed the old hardware, and had to wait until the next day to get new ones....you can usually return what you don't use, without a restocking charge, especially with nuts/bolts/screws/etc...Best of Success...!!!

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
Given the labor involved in getting a Passat 1.8T oil pan off, I'd use the best quality parts; don't scrimp. Also, I'd replace (or at least remove and thoroughly clean) the oil pump pickup tube/screen while you're in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.