VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a bit surprise to me, as most of time passat is either ranked low due to the "perceived" reliability or completely omitted due to its small market share or higher price tag compared to other main stream sedans. It's good to see it beats 07 camry and 08 accord with an 06 (or even earlier) design.
http://www.motortrend.com/road....html
Quote »
1ST PLACE VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT
Despite a high sticker and thirst for premium, wins by a nose due to driving fun.
2ND PLACE HYUNDAI SONATA
Only lacking the VW's verve; our #1 pick if family comes first.
3RD PLACE TOYOTA CAMRY
Efficient, well executed, it's the sound, yet charmless choice.
4TH PLACE HONDA ACCORD
Polarizing looks inside and out can't hide a great engine and chassis combination.
5TH PLACE FORD FUSION
Surprisingly athletic chassis hampered by wheezy engine and irritating transmission.
6TH PLACE KIA OPTIMA
Though due for a refresh, Kia finishes on top of the second tier. Room and economy are fine, it just needs the same refinements the Sonata received.
7TH PLACE NISSAN ALTIMA
Steepest sticker, yet not the best ride, performance, or value. CVT and light steering create an effortless drive, yet fully loaded, it still seems lacking.
8TH PLACE CHEVROLET MALIBU
Poor finish for arguably the best looker. Shame that sexy skin hides a weight problem the underpowered Ecotec can't handle.
9TH PLACE MITSUBISHI GALANT
Looks old, feels older, and saddled with many of this comparo's worsts, including power-to-weight and EPA and observed fuel economy.
10TH PLACE DODGE AVENGER
Drum brakes, four-speed trans, cheap plastics, and poor economy make this a frightful drive. Gaps between last and first don't get any wider than this.

Modified by realbug at 10:41 PM 6-30-2008

Modified by realbug at 10:44 PM 6-30-2008

·
Registered
244 Posts
Re: Motor Trend ranks passat 1st in famliy sedan comparison (Evo-R)

This is great! I say it is about time the Passat gets high marks. I'm getting sick of the negative things said about the Passat from some of the press.
The best of it all is that the Passat beat the Camry. I think Toyota's are over rated

Who ever thought 15 years ago a Hyundai would place so high,they have sure change things around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts