VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a swap ABA 2.0 into a Suzuki Sidekick using the Montronic 5.9 ECM ( it is installed and i can't get to it to get exact numbers vag-com has identified it as a 5.9.x) i have it running but IAT sits at 0 degrees + - 5. i have fought in the past a phantom voltage in various places. when removing the iat connector it reads -40 as expected.taking the sensor return signal to ground forces it to 285 as expected. The throttle body does a reset each time power is applied ( hear a motor run like setting limits) when grounding the IAT the power up issue the throttle body recycling goes away. i used alldata as my wiring source no access to a Bentley. i am thinking there is a ground either signal or chassis missing that is not documented and allowing the sensor outputs to float. all grounds appear good based on the documentation i have. when checking the IAT connector key on not running connector not connected. i get 4.66 vdc on vref leg and 3.15 vdc on the signal leg when removing the TB connector that voltage goes to 5.22 at the IAC any thoughts?
Mike

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.