VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone work at a bike store or know someone that does. I need a new bike and figured I would check here cause you never know.
I'm after a Gary Fisher DS 229 or a Cannondale Bad Boy.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Re: Mountain Bikes (Ultra Sport)

My brother in law owns Sport Swap in Barrie. There's one in Toronto @ Yonge/Eglinton (across from St. Louis chicken... yum yum)...
But if you're in Barrie... go there

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Re: Mountain Bikes (slumberbunny)

I used to know a few guys at Dukes on Queen St. Not too sure if they still work there, but it's a cool shop anyway. Check them out, and last I checked they sold Crack-and-fails (err, Cannondales, sorry a little shop humour)

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I work at brant cycle in burlington, we dont caryy either of the two bikes you said, but we do carry Norco, Giant, Raliegh, Minellei, and Guru. We can also order alot more. Come by and ask for Alex if you like.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Re: (Funken_Groovin)

Quote, originally posted by Funken_Groovin »
I work at brant cycle in burlington, we dont caryy either of the two bikes you said, but we do carry Norco, Giant, Raliegh, Minellei, and Guru.

wow, Raliegh and Minellei?! You guys are going to put Canadian Tire out of business

j/k! I'm a bitter ex bike assembler with nothing more intelligent to add to this thread

·
Registered
428 Posts
Re: (racaro_kid)

Don't forget they charge cover just to walk in the door

Try Freewheel cycle in Dundas, they are where I shop, and they carry Gary(I am so funny!). Their staff is friendly and very knowledgable. Give them a shot.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Re: (racaro_kid)

Quote, originally posted by racaro_kid »

I'm a bitter ex bike assembler with nothing more intelligent to add to this thread

Dito. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Re: (bigfirth)

Quote, originally posted by bigfirth »
Don't forget they charge cover just to walk in the door

Try Freewheel cycle in Dundas, they are where I shop, and they carry Gary(I am so funny!). Their staff is friendly and very knowledgable. Give them a shot.

I know Brant Cycle may not have the best rep, but we have been getting much better with our prices. If you come and see me, I am sure we could work something out. This applies to all Vortexers! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

p.s. I am just trying to help you guys out
There is no need to badmouth the shop I work at....

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Re: Mountain Bikes (racaro_kid)

Quote, originally posted by racaro_kid »
I used to know a few guys at Dukes on Queen St. Not too sure if they still work there, but it's a cool shop anyway. Check them out, and last I checked they sold Crack-and-fails (err, Cannondales, sorry a little shop humour)

Duke's is great. I'm pretty sure they carry Fisher as well. I have bought most of my bikes over the last 15 years from them, including the Stumpjumper I got a month ago.

·
Registered
13,778 Posts
Re: Mountain Bikes (CaptSandwich)

Quote, originally posted by CaptSandwich »

Duke's is great. I'm pretty sure they carry Fisher as well. I have bought most of my bikes over the last 15 years from them, including the Stumpjumper I got a month ago.

Bought my Trek 8000 there a couple of years ago... great price and trade in value for my old Marin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts