VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of yesterday I am no longer a 20th AE owner. I traded in my jazz blue #2913 for a Candy White MK5. maybe some of you will do the same, maybe some won't. I for one will miss my 20AE. It was as if i was loosing my favorite toy back when i was 4 or 5. The reason for my post was to officialy turn over my number to another lucky owner and also to thank all of you for all the bad ass posts along the years. I didn't really post much but read frequently due to so much crap i got to take care of with class and work so anyways...theres my 2 cents...thanks again!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
411 Posts
Re: Movin on... (ilikemshaved)

Quote, originally posted by ilikemshaved »
awesome every1 is jumping ship

Yeah, but iyou don;t know who is going to wind up in my car, may be some old lady. Do you want that stereotype?
LOL

· Registered
1,496 Posts
im considering the same. My dad makes a good point that my 20th is much better looking than the new Golf's, however, he did not get to drive one like I did.
Another crappy thing is that I read the 25th anniv. should be coming out about next year I think. They haven't said if yellow would be offered though, but my friend thats a salesmen said they would have a yellow Jetta.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (Tucci)

tucci,
sup, i got it at the Esserman VW in Doral. off of 836 and 12th ST. The deal i made was turn in my 20th with $500 down ( i still owed 5 months of the car, buyers option). What they did was made out a check with the sum of the remaining payments, take the 20th and i got the candy white gti with the 18" alloys pkg 2 for roughly 27k. MSRP was about $28,400. Got a lease for 36M 12k miles $487 p/month. oh...and they hooked it up with FREE monster mats with the red GTI labels on them..!! My deal was good but im gessing not the best. the thing is i only put 500 down. with 1k could of been $467.
good luck!!!!

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Movin on... (vw16v88)

What are your opinions / reviews regarding the differences between the 20th and the MKV?
-Jeff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the good!!!.......1..better acceleration (stock) 2...steering wheel badass! 3.....clutch seems shorter than 20th. 4....Turbo and exhaust sound louder (good louder). at hight revs the car sounds badass! . 5....breaking is alot better. 6....more room in the back seats.(not like i ever sit back there though, my fast dosent let anyone sit in the back
.... 7.....all in all..more fun to drive!
the bad.....1...too high 2....suspension sux compared to 20th
If you liked the 20th all in all..ur gona definately like the MK5. just change the suspension wether you put H&R springs or some coilovers. IM having so much fun driving it i make up excuses to go out

its worth it!!!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,754 Posts
Re: (reddanger)

Quote, originally posted by reddanger »
tucci,
sup, i got it at the Esserman VW in Doral. off of 836 and 12th ST. The deal i made was turn in my 20th with $500 down ( i still owed 5 months of the car, buyers option). What they did was made out a check with the sum of the remaining payments, take the 20th and i got the candy white gti with the 18" alloys pkg 2 for roughly 27k. MSRP was about $28,400. Got a lease for 36M 12k miles $487 p/month. oh...and they hooked it up with FREE monster mats with the red GTI labels on them..!! My deal was good but im gessing not the best. the thing is i only put 500 down. with 1k could of been $467.
good luck!!!!

I am assuming by this that oyu were leasing the 20th correct. If not I would say you got ripped but I dont want to jump to conclusions here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.