VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in Denver for the past 20 years, but alas, my time here has come to a close. I took a job in the Cincinnati and will be settling in Dayton (with family)at least for the time being. I grew up in Dayton and visit from time to time, but have no idea what the VW scene is like (if there is one), who is there, and what shops are good to deal with.

I have a 2016 Golf R, so from that perspective, which of the local service departments for warranty work is the most dependable (I also have factory oil services included in my purchase agreement)? White Allen is the closest to where I live, but I have heard a number of negative things about them (at least in the somewhat recent past). There is also Evans up north. Any help there would be appreciated. Also, are there any local indy shops worthwhile for other needs (between factory oil changes, etc.)?

I move back the first week of 2017, and start my job in Cincy on the 9th. Looking forward to being back in the area and to meeting those of you there!

-TIA,
Ted

·
Registered
2019 Alltrack-S
10,971 Posts
welcome back,

if you'll be commuting to Cincy for work , there are a number of dealerships/ indy shops down here that you could also consider... northland vw (norwood area by XU) / dubwerx (madisonville/mariemont) / kerry vw in Florence,KY

i haven't lived up in dayton for about 10yrs (born and raised there also) so i can't directly speak for any of the dealerships/shops up there....

theres a pretty big vw crowd up in Dayton area, mostly air-cooled guys but theres still watercooled guys as well.. check out SWOV.org and email the administrators and see if they can set you up with an account.

-Ben:beer:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome back,

if you'll be commuting to Cincy for work , there are a number of dealerships/ indy shops down here that you could also consider... northland vw (norwood area by XU) / dubwerx (madisonville/mariemont) / kerry vw in Florence,KY

i haven't lived up in dayton for about 10yrs (born and raised there also) so i can't directly speak for any of the dealerships/shops up there....

theres a pretty big vw crowd up in Dayton area, mostly air-cooled guys but theres still watercooled guys as well.. check out SWOV.org and email the administrators and see if they can set you up with an account.

-Ben:beer:
many thanks for the info! Much appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey i've got a 15' GTI with some aftermarket stuff. Cinci is my hometown and where my gf is, I'm in med school in Athens, OH, and I'll be moving to Dayton (Oregon district) in July. I haven't found any other people, but reach out whenever. Working on cars is better than studying lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Service Shops in Dayton Ohio?

Hey, just wondering if you found any good indy service shops in Dayton Ohio?
I just moved here from California and looking for someone to do basic maint. (when I'm too busy to do them) and repairs.

·
Registered
2019 Alltrack-S
10,971 Posts
Hey, just wondering if you found any good indy service shops in Dayton Ohio?
I just moved here from California and looking for someone to do basic maint. (when I'm too busy to do them) and repairs.
C's autohaus is in the kettering/centerville area...

https://www.csautohaus.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItvyhjLnb5QIVD4nICh1sxgDmEAAYASAAEgISR_D_BwE

or EuroClassics, more toward moraine area... on S. Dixie Dr.

https://www.euroclassix.com/

or if you are more towards the north side of town theres always Oak Grove Import Auto, up off needmore rd.

(937) 275-1373

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.