VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Infiniti QX
It looks like the new 2011 QX is ready.
Being built in Japan, based on the soon-to-be-announced 7th Gen JDM Nissan Safari.
Also known as the Nissan Patrol to the rest of the world, a competitor to the Toyota Land Cruiser.

Modified by DrewSXR at 4:47 AM 9-10-2009

· Registered
12,098 Posts
Re: Mr. BlurryCam Picture - The 2011 Infiniti QX (DrewSXR)

Whoever is designing the new Infiniti's needs to be shot. They used to be my favorite Japanese cars based on aesthetics but now their as ugly and awkward as the Chinese knock-offs.

· Registered
24,318 Posts
Re: Mr. BlurryCam Picture - The 2011 Infiniti QX (mellbergVWfan)

Quote, originally posted by mellbergVWfan »
Whoever is designing Infiniti's needs to be shot. They never were my favorite Japanese cars based on aesthetics but now their as ugly and awkward as the Chinese knock-offs.

Fixed. Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beer glass holder, or something like that.

· Banned
1,763 Posts

· Registered
851 Posts
Re: FV-QR (Slowkums)

Quote, originally posted by Slowkums »
For comparison, the new Patrol.

This new one already looks 10x better than the current QX. I'm glad they got rid of the stupid stepped roof. How the front looks will be a major deciding factor. Hopefully, the quality will be improved 10x as well since production will be moved to Japan.
Competing with this?

Modified by Senneca01 at 2:09 AM 9-10-2009

· Registered
'19 Subaru Forester with the no-faster stripes
60,975 Posts
FV-QR

Looks like a squared-off, utilitarian truck with sharp angles, with the styling cues of a brand whose current identity is organic, flowing, and swoopy grafted on after the fact.
Which is what it is.
I'll defend a challenging design that's implemented with conviction and which is intended to make a statement, like the current FX. I ****ing hate challenging design that's kludged together cheaply and lazily, like the Aztek and this.

· Registered
7,990 Posts
Re: Mr. BlurryCam Picture - The 2011 Infiniti QX (DrewSXR)

I think the QX looks better than what we have now, which isn't really saying much. It could work if they just bring over the new QX and leave the Patrol in Japan OR, if the new QX is smaller than the current behemoth.

Modified by spidy at 7:34 AM 9-10-2009

· Registered
5,888 Posts
Re: (DrewSXR)

Given the questionable future of the Armada/Titan (and their resounding failure), a tarted up Patrol is a vastly preferable option. Think of a Nissan Landcruiser compared to a second rate Nissan Suburban knockoff.
Given the ugliness of the new Acura-thing, this will look better in comparison..

· Registered
15,584 Posts
Re: FV-QR (Senneca01)

Quote, originally posted by Senneca01 »
This new one already looks 10x better than the current QX.

Really?
Quote, originally posted by Senneca01 »
I'm glad they got rid of the stupid stepped roof. How the front looks will be a major deciding factor. Hopefully, the quality will be improved 10x as well since production will be moved to Japan.

Okay, now you are just being hilarious!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.