VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
621 - 640 of 705 Posts

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
21 RS6 Avant 10 A6 Avant 04 Isuzu Ascender 02 Chevy 2500 88 16v Scirocco
11,121 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Stromaluski

·
11,121 Posts

·
Registered
'95 Audi S6 Avant, 2004 VW Touareg v10 TDI
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #626 ·
If you guys are serious then you can do the research to find out which larger turbo fits the stock fitment. I am just about out of research now

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #628 ·
used those foam cells for the head and block. Noice. I'm taking it in to the machine shop on Thursday as I have the day off. Will also pick up the downpipe. Paint on the turbine housing looks pretty good as well. You think the overspray inside is going to be an issue? We'll fine out. It should just seal better that way, right? .... right?

I kind of want to do the intercooler in this glacier black color now to match but it's probably best I just leave well enough alone.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive engine gasket Automotive exterior Rim
Automotive tire Vehicle Bicycle part Automotive exterior Rim
Automotive tire Grey Motor vehicle Gas Automotive design
Audio equipment Gas Gadget Circle Electronic device

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #629 · (Edited)
legit hate yall btw. I went with all Febi for now. I didn't buy anything yet. Any suggestions on part maker? I try to stay away from Meyle if I can.

I cant find the bushing I need to rebuild my Koni shocks. Theyre 80-2630SPORT I think. Do people rebuild these or just buy new ones when they're shot? Seems a waste. Im looking for the bush for the mounting point

·
Premium Member
Bunch of Crappy VWs
4,676 Posts
legit hate yall btw. I went with all Febi for now. I didn't buy anything yet. Any suggestions on part maker? I try to stay away from Meyle if I can.

I cant find the bushing I need to rebuild my Koni shocks. Theyre 80-2630SPORT I think. Do people rebuild these or just buy new ones when they're shot? Seems a waste. Im looking for the bush for the mounting point
In my experience, it's kind of a crap shoot no matter which brand you go with... with one exception. Buying genuine VW/Audi is pretty much a guarantee that it'll be good. But that's not always available. I'd imagine even less so for something as old as this.

As for the shock bushings, reach out to Koni and see what they have to offer.

·
11,121 Posts
@Smooremin Lets go, he just gave us permission to spend his money! 😂
I mean, I put the time and effort into getting him to want to, so someone else figure this **** out!!!

Reactions: Atl-Atl

·
Registered
282 Posts
In my experience, it's kind of a crap shoot no matter which brand you go with... with one exception. Buying genuine VW/Audi is pretty much a guarantee that it'll be good. But that's not always available. I'd imagine even less so for something as old as this.

As for the shock bushings, reach out to Koni and see what they have to offer.
Yep, just get ahold of the manufacturer. Just to be clear, you're looking for the rubber bushings that go in the shocks? Or you're looking for the strut top hat (also rubber)?

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #635 · (Edited)
ordered bushings. Should be here within a week or two. Machine shop on Thursday. How much you wanna bet we'll have to overbore the cylinders and put in JE or Wiseco pistons?

I'm not doing that

·
Premium Member
Bunch of Crappy VWs
4,676 Posts
ordered bushings. Should be here within a week or two. Machine shop on Thursday. How much you wanna bet we'll have to overbore the cylinders and put in JE or Wiseco pistons?

I'm not doing that
Understandable. That money is way better spent on a bigger turbo.

·
11,121 Posts
Reactions: Atl-Atl

·
11,121 Posts
There are a lot of words here, maybe some of the words will help you find the answers?

621 - 640 of 705 Posts