VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
Do you want SQ or SPL? That is sound quality or sound pressure level. If you want your mirrors to shake, and quarters to flip on your roof, go with 3 10" Kicker Solobaric L7's in sealed enclosures. If you want a nice sound quality, basically a sub that will add to the music instead of become the music, go with a JL W3v2 or a Alpine Type R. The W6v2 in a ported would be a little much i think, and due to the price, if you wanted to go JL, just get a single W7 and be very happy.

· Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (MUYOSO)

im probably more about spl lol
im still young and i've had a boston 12 inch in a sealed box and for 4yrs in my car.... im tired of "listening" to quality sounding music. lol i want to hear that grimmy, deep, deafining, sound, the type of sound you can hear from a block away. lol

· Registered
2,327 Posts
Re: (JKR)

Quote, originally posted by JKR »
im probably more about spl lol
im still young and i've had a boston 12 inch in a sealed box and for 4yrs in my car.... im tired of "listening" to quality sounding music. lol i want to hear that grimmy, deep, deafining, sound, the type of sound you can hear from a block away. lol

then you'll want a [email protected] single sub or 2 good subs in a ported box. i've got a single brahma 10 that would blow your mind
a set of 12's would be amazing, but it will take up some space for a good sized ported box. you'll want a larger ported box tuned low, under 35 hz, but preferably around 30 hz. the box is what will tailor the sound. the sound you get is only 10% the sub, and 90% the box. what is your price range you are planning on spending on the sub(s)? do you have an amp? are you looking into any amps?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.