VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw my first corrado last thursday. Every since that day I've been trying to find as much information as possible on this lil gem.... I HAVE TO buy a car by JAN (I have a cracked piston on my current ride) Any advice on what WILL go wrong with a corrado.....If I buy one it will be a used G90/ high miler.....What should I repair first???? Would a complete engine overhaul make since then move to the supercharger??? Thats the only down point to this dream is maintaining it, but I have a great mechanic..... Cant wait until JAN.....

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
Re: Much needed advice....I've fallen in love with the corrado.... (Breaker_00)

Thats cool... Just let me say this... dont take anyones opinion unless they are gonna buy the car for you
get what you want not what people say is good. As for being a student baaaaah Im only in highschool and look at my awesome money management... now if I could just figure out that pain in my stomach...

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Re: Much needed advice....I've fallen in love with the corrado.... (brilliantyellowg60)

The only thing you really have to worry about is the condition of the supercharger which can be pricey depending on the condition of it. If the charger has not been rebuilt and it has a lot of miles on it a rebuild is a good insurance policy. Expect to pay over a grand for a rebuild.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Re: Much needed advice....I've fallen in love with the corrado.... (G60ING)

quote:[HR][/HR]do your wallet and girlfriend a favor forget that you fell in love with the Corrado. Its more than just a "CAR"[HR][/HR]​
hahaha... i didn't get that piece of advice when i bought mine... the Gf is starting to get a little..um... annoyed.. and the parents..well.. they're still trying to figure out why i bought a car that is sooo expensive to maintain

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Re: Much needed advice....I've fallen in love with the corrado.... (BlackieVR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]As for being a student baaaaah Im only in highschool and look at my awesome money management...[HR][/HR]​
Hate to say it, but wait till you get to college...Money management in HS doesn't mean too much since most people are living at home off their parents. College is a whole different story- not nearly as much time for doing other things (working mainly)

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Re: Much needed advice....I've fallen in love with the corrado.... (Breaker_00)

If you haven't already do a search in this forum, your question has been asked many times before.
Check out http://www.corrado-club.com tons of great info
If you get a G60, BBM will become you're new best frend for upgrades http://www.bahnbrenner.com
remember it's not a car it's a cult, plan on spending way more time and money then you think possible

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.