VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this afternoon i was driving home from dropping the wife off to pickup her NB from being serviced. Half way home i look down at the MFD (temp., MPG, etc.) and it was totally blank. Weird huh. I got home and turned off the car and the cranked it again and it was working just fine, but i guess it had just reset itself. The funny thing was is that it said that i could drive
2000 miles
before i needed gas again. i guess everything will be ok after i drive some more and it has a chance to recalibrate itself. Has anyone had a similar experience. Just Wondering.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Re: Multifunction Display Blank? (gkkhoury)

hehhehee glad it happened to someone else to i thought it only happened to me. but yeah i was like what the hell. so i turned it off and started it back up and it was back to normal. i wonder y it does that

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Re: Multifunction Display Blank? (gkkhoury)

maybe by mistake you holded the reset button too long, I can turn off the screen by holding the reset button for few seconds, and turn back on by pressing reset button..

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
Re: Multifunction Display Blank? (paul99)

Quote, originally posted by paul99 »
maybe by mistake you holded the reset button too long, I can turn off the screen by holding the reset button for few seconds, and turn back on by pressing reset button..

Yep. The reset button will shut it off if you hold it down by putting you thumb on top of the stalk and pressing it with your index finger. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Turn it back on with a touch of the button. It will turn back on after you get back in after shutting the car down.

·
Registered
123 Posts
that happened to me to in my old mans Jeep. I was driving around Oregon City near the river when all the sudden my tach, speedo, temp and fuel guage just drop. I was driving blind for a minute till I punched the dash. Everything worked after that

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
Re: (gkkhoury)

Quote, originally posted by gkkhoury »
Interesting, thank for the responses guys.

You got your answer without any stupid comments. Wow. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts