VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking of upgrading to the touareg this winter until i saw the nissan murano. it looks alot different than anything out there and has some cool features. anyone have opinions on the nissan. the touareg price is what is giving me second thoughts, as well as it not having a third row and vw's current service. i know the x5 doesn't have a third row, but that vehicle is in a different league.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Re: murano/touareg (silverbullet)

I agree Murano looks good - the Infiniti version looks even better, but that's probably going to be probably as much as Touraq.
Does anyone know how much the Murano will go for?
off topic question : I was looking at the old version of Pathfinder (late 80's) and I noticed lot of similarities between it and the Xterra. Is the Xterra built on the old Pathfinder body with slight modifications?

·
Registered
41,822 Posts
Re: murano/touareg (jerseywave)

In the late '80s the Pathfinder was still based on the chassis of the Nissan pickups. It even used the same front sheetmetal. Then sometime after that, the Pathfinder got its own chassis and body.
The XTerra is sort of a return to the original Pathfinder, since it's again based on the pickup truck chassis and front sheetmetal.

·
Registered
14,856 Posts
Re: murano/touareg (jerseywave)

the only way the touareg, x5, and murano could be compared evenly is in a test of seeing how they feeling cruising around town. off-road, the touareg would leave the others in its dust (stock for stock). period. the price is high, but you're getting features that you won't need (or probably want) if all you want in a car is something to drive on paved roads, maybe tow a couple thou lbs, and maybe lash a canoe, bikes, snowboards, hay bales, etc on the roof.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Re: murano/touareg (bigelliot)

And if you're looking for a third row of seats, where are they placed? Bhind the rear axle? Would you want to be sitting there if you were rear-ended?
If I needed the third row of seats, I'd be looking for a vehicle that had that third row a bit further forward than that.

·
Registered
34,664 Posts
Re: murano/touareg (silverbullet)

If I am looking for vehicle that has 3rd row seats, I would look at minivan before SUV. The 3rd row seats in most SUVs are tight and only suitable for kids under 5.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: murano/touareg (Rallybug)

i wasn't necessarily looking for a third row, but what i was saying was that at 35k most suv's now come with a third row. i saw some pricing of 26k - 30k for the nissan, but nothing official.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts