VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What will have better sound quality- A Music Keg, or an I Pod hooked up to an
FM modulator. I've got a Music Keg that I'm pretty happy with, but I'd like something with a litle more portability. I can probably sell the Music Keg (10 gig) on
E-bay, pick up a 20 gig I-pod on E-bay as well.
I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks..

·
Registered
498 Posts
Re: Music Keg, or I-Pod (mr wrong)

Since you want portability, I'd get the iPod. It's the ultimate in MP3 players at the moment. But I'd get it anyway just because it's so cool.
Wait, I have one but it's a 5GB "old school" model.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Re: Music Keg, or I-Pod (NoMSG)

get the sony mex1hd best head unit i have ever owned. . 20 gig hard drive, usb link and memory stick!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Re: (mr wrong)

If you get an audio adapter (such as my VWCDPIC) to hook the I-Pod up to your head unit, the sound quality should be just as good as your Keg, being the same connection and all.
If you go through an FM modulator though, you can expect the sound quality to be slightly less. Depending upon the FM modulator, the quality may still be acceptable though (you're in a noisy car afterall). If you live in an area with tons of FM radio stations crowding the air waves, I'd stay away from FM modulators that don't directly hook into your antenna connection (e.g. iTrip).

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
Re: (zilym)

Id probably do a big ass ipod, I mean its portable, cheaper, and removable. Probably easier to download songs and browse through them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: Music Keg, or I-Pod (mr wrong)

dude.
get the ipod.
i have a 10 gigger, love it love it love it... tons of tunes on it... plus my entire professional portfolio is on it too... i use it as a hard drive, carry it to the gym, mow the yard with it, and use it in my car too, it rocks. easy to use. and apple was kind enough to make a windows version for the common folk.
do yourself a favor, get the ipod... and pick up a new g5 while you are at it.
besides, steve jobs is way cooler than bill gates and apple.com rocks the house.
get the ipod....... really.
jp

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Re: Music Keg, or I-Pod (jpgti18t)

get the iPod and input it into the back of the head unit with RCA's.............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts