VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

521 - 540 of 786 Posts

·
Registered
45,972 Posts
Tesla and Volkswagen have a new partnership for a European pickup

·
Registered
45,972 Posts
According to these guys, the Cybertruck was built two weeks prior to the introduction; See 4:55 and 13:30

·
Registered
45,972 Posts
Cybertruck shape makes a better hypercar/racecar than a truck

·
Registered
45,972 Posts
Asian market Cybertruck

·
Registered
45,972 Posts
Call me crazy but in my opinion I think if you were to box/square up the shape of the second generation Prius, it would look very similar to the Cybertruck. Granted you would need to take away the rear quarter window and lengthen the back for a bed.

PS: Also consider that both are radical departures from normal vehicles when introduced too.

·
Registered
17,736 Posts
That really is the most boomer meme I've ever seen lmao. Down to the wrong font and the fact that it's something a "I live in the wrong generation" angsty teen would have posted on tumblr like 10 years ago.
I always cringe when people are nostalgic for the 40s, 50s, 60s.
I get appreciating the aesthetic of older cars, but wishing time had stopped in an era when millions of Americans were forced to live "separate and unequal", when interracial marriage was largely illegal, when women didn't have equal access to and protection in the workplace, and when gay people could be arrested for being gay, seems pretty lacking of empathy.

·
Registered
S2000
7,323 Posts
In a mere week, I've gone from thinking this thing is completely unfinished to truly liking it. :confused:

I always cringe when people are nostalgic for the 40s, 50s, 60s.
I get appreciating the aesthetic of older cars, but wishing time had stopped in an era when millions of Americans were forced to live "separate and unequal", when interracial marriage was largely illegal, when women didn't have equal access to and protection in the workplace, and when gay people could be arrested for being gay, seems pretty lacking of empathy.
They likely aren't thinking about those issues, just the cheap gas, better manners, and pension plan.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts

·
Registered
45,972 Posts
521 - 540 of 786 Posts