I’m selling my daily and beloved MK4 Silverstone Grey GTI Manual Transmission 1.8T.

It was in an accident in late July, I was hit by a driver that changed last second into my lane and the front driverside fender/corner took most of the hit. Their insurance company settled and let me keep it after but I just don’t think I have the space for it or the time to fix it. A salvage certificate (nor salvage title) has not been issued and new owner will have to apply for one (I have the form from DMV). Registration expired in Sept and I can’t find the title for the vehicle… so an application for replacement title with transfer of ownership will need to be done together. I’m posting here first because I can’t imagine this going to someone that’s not an enthusiast and won’t love it. It honestly breaks my heart to let it go.

-171K+ miles
-Manual transmission 5 speed.
-20th AE front lip and sideskirts
-Black Leather Door Panels
-Black Cloth Seats
-Roof Rack (may sell separately)
-Replaced Rear Brake pads and Discs in 6/2020
-Replaced E-Brake lines in 6/2020
-Replaced Front PS Wheel Bearing in 6/2020
-NEU Speed Short Shifter
-Swapped for a 034Motorsport - Breather Hose kit ($201.48 with tax) in 2020
-New Thermostat in 6/2020
-ECS Tuning Cast Iron Cooling System Kit 6/2020
-4 New Ignition Coils in 6/2020
-New Battery in 9/2021
-I also have two brand new URO Control Arms that haven’t been installed ($42/Each before tax)
-Have all 17” Arietta wheels but one has a bad tire
-Currently has an Alpine iLX-W650 Head Unit installed but will probably sell this separately (This still retails for $400)

It starts and drives but since the registration is expired, not legal to drive on the road. There is some minor frame adjustment that’s needed but I was able to replace the DS fender in the mean time. The alignment is off and there is some noise coming from the DS wheel well. Can’t say what it is exactly but the suspension gauge warning light is on. There is also a CEL for P0411 for a SAI issue that was there before the accident that I hadn’t gotten to.

Again theres a little bit of paperwork involved to sell and transfer ownership. Nothing that’s too complicated but since it needs repair, I don’t have the time or the space.

Contact me for more info. I’m located in Los Angeles/East Hollywood. You’d have to most likely come see it over the weekend since I can work pretty late during the week. But we could maybe make something work.
I’d like $1000 OBO not including the Alpine Head unit. No trades. CASH ONLY. Must be able to meet in person.

Also, I’m formerly Rider_X but haven’t be able to recover access to that account. I’ve been around here since the early 2000s.