VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

661 - 680 of 692 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Oh and as far as the two guys with fire extinguishers, that was painful to watch. To put a fire out you need to spray the suppressant on the fuel source, not the flames in the air above the fuel source. I thought everyone knew this, but apparently not those guys, though kudos to them for risking their own well-being for a moron's Mustang.
Did everyone miss the fact that the guy with the flowery shirt is the 'Stang driver and that he's trying to put the fire out with a bottle of water?

He then did a runner but was finally picked up by the police. After they got him to the station and tested him, he still blew .241. The best part? He was on his way to DUI court. :facepalm:

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
When will the first Mach E crash happen?
Given that it is all-wheel-drive with the likelihood of pretty significant stability management built-in, maybe not soon. At least not in the leaving-cars-n-coffee-burnout-back-end-swing-style that the live axle Mustang made its reputation on ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,126 Posts
Ford just patented a system to prevent mustang crowd incidents - it uses local crowd density to limit powertrain speeds. No word on if that limit goes up or down for Mustangs near cars and coffee events. :laugh:

https://www.freepatentsonline.com/10796573.pdf

·
Registered
83,672 Posts
In the Mustang's defense.
It's by far the best selling manual V8 vehicle for the last 35 years.
it makes sense there would be way more of them at car shows.

·
Banned
785 Posts
Ford just patented a system to prevent mustang crowd incidents - it uses local crowd density to limit powertrain speeds. No word on if that limit goes up or down for Mustangs near cars and coffee events. :laugh:

https://www.freepatentsonline.com/10796573.pdf
In all seriousness, sometime back on another forum discussion, I made an educated guess about shift-shock being the culprit of these incidents. Turns out Ford has made fine adjusts to their DSG systems, refraining the newer cars from doing just that. Too bad cause I like Mustangs meme's :laugh:

·
Premium Member
18,985 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
from Rennlist:

In advance of the 14 hour AER race at New Jersey Motorsports Park this weekend, officials sent out a Facebook post advising participants that eight of the paddock spots have no power due to a damaged transformer. Nothing all that unusual but a PITA none the less. The back story, if multiple witnesses are to be believed is comedy that you just can't write. It seems that a first time track day participant really thought that he should be in the advanced run group. His credentials? He was a ranked video gamer. One source says the game in question was Mario Kart. When the powers that were that day were un-swayed by his CV he decided to show off his mad skilz by drifting through the paddock and into said transformer. Sources also stated that his car, (you guessed it, a Mustang) was impounded by Milleville police.

·
Registered
Ci, Xi
1,380 Posts
Ha I'm living 15 minutes from NJMP currently, it's a super nice facility. Their instructional track days use Mustangs as pace cars, but not all horses can be corraled I guess

661 - 680 of 692 Posts